Neck Tension

[Bi...]

Good morning all .

Looking for help or advice . I've been off diazepam now for 9.5 weeks and still going through a lot of the withdrawals coming back in big waves .

Latest wave has now lasted 10 days .

The most bothersome one right now is Neck tension and dizziness .

The neck tension comes on out of the blue and sometimes is that hard you struggle to hold your head up or feels like head is just going to fall in hands . Does anyone have any tips to help with this .

The dizziness also comes on hard in waves and sometimes struggle to stand in same spot without the wobbly boat feeling or like I'm swaying .

I know there is many people out there who would have this also and looking for hints and tips to aid . Withdrawal journey .

Good luck to you all and stay strong

I have had a lot of muscle tension in my neck.  I am not a physical therapist but I can tell you the exercise that really helped me.  I can't promise it will help you but you can try

Hold your head up right where it should be

Slowly turn your head on straight line to the right, stop at first sign of pain

Slowly go back to middle, then turn head to the left, stop at first sign of pain

Repeat, try 10 x at first, do it many times a day, never to point of pain

Then as you can, add more , say 15 at a time

It doesn't heal it overnight, but with consistency, it has really helped my neck

Good luck, Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀

I had/have this in spades. Comes and goes. Heat helps a ton, as does exercise. Don’t overstretch you’ll just piss it off worse, I made that mistake.

I had/have this in spades. Comes and goes. Heat helps a ton, as does exercise. Don’t overstretch you’ll just piss it off worse, I made that mistake.

Yes, heat is wonderful!  :)

Brilliant thanks very much for the tips . I'll give it a try .

Did your neck tension ever feel like you struggled to hold head up

I have this. Last days I am so scared because its so hard. I have also head pressure coming from my neck.

Are you having dry mouth guy's? I have neck,head pressure with dry mouth and dizziness? Others with that?

Brilliant thanks very much for the tips . I'll give it a try .

Did your neck tension ever feel like you struggled to hold head up

No, I just had really bad muscle pain  :)

No sorry haven't had dry mouth fortunately but I do drink a lot of water. 

I do however get bad dizziness that can be persistent through out the day or hit me in bouts .

Not a nice feeling .

I also get the neck tension but I use a tense machine a points of it at its worst to help distract thoughts .

Hope this helps

My headaches start usually just above my ears or at the base of the rear of my head where my neck starts. When it's bad like this I have almost zero side to side mobility in my neck. It's so weird. I've never had stiff neck like this, even when I've injured my neck it wasn't this stiff. Then in a couple days it will be mostly normal. And for no reason. The waves...

My headaches start usually just above my ears or at the base of the rear of my head where my neck starts. When it's bad like this I have almost zero side to side mobility in my neck. It's so weird. I've never had stiff neck like this, even when I've injured my neck it wasn't this stiff. Then in a couple days it will be mostly normal. And for no reason. The waves...

This. Lower back too. It’s all extreme tension.

This. Lower back too. It’s all extreme tension.

Both of you are spot on; it seems to be 24/7 except when sleeping also. I still have this and I jumped Nov 2017.

Neck tension here as well.  The heating pad and warm baths have become the norm. 

I have had consistent neck tension / discomfort for the last 4 months.  In addition,

I have some left side weakness, numbness; couples with dizziness.  All of which makes me think I am having a stroke.

I have to continually tell myself it is WD.  Very unnerving - all of it.

5 months off.  Quite a few window - days (and so grateful for them!).

I have only recently noticed that stress may make my symptoms flare up.  Gotta stay away from the stress.

Chin up!