Has anyone completely healed at 9 months off ? Some say ????

[ma...]

Are we the handful of people out of thousands who are bad or is there just a handful who got well. I have read so many different things. Have not read a success story where everything is fine unless it has been years. I pray everyday to get well and now It is like I would be doing wrong if I didn't pray for all of you. All of you have helped me in the past few months. I pray for a miracle for all of us. Would you join me in prayer. The impossible is Gods reality. God bless you all

We are the handful of people who are bad.  We don't have exact data on how many get off without issues.  But it is most.  I stopped 3 different times in my life and noticed very few sxs.  That is why I wasn't afraid of benzos.  Huge mistake!  The majority of people don't need 9 months to heal.  But here we are praying for the best possible outcome.  Sending my prayers for everyone's complete quick recovery!

I’m 9 month’s out from a CT of 4 mg of xanax & 6/7 month’s from my last benzo & am basically completely healed. I was also in tolerance withdrawal for over 2 year’s, kindled, taking opioids daily, drinking, all the while using other drugs & medications for several year’s & am now completely substance free. I have some very very minor lingering issues that I have no doubt will b gone within the next couple of months. It basically takes massive amounts of physical & mental stress combined before anything even begins to rear its head. I credit this entirely to consistent exercise, specifically cardio. Since I made running a part of my daily life the entire process has become linear. I’m starting a new career at the beginning of July, am involved in a wonderful new relationship, & love my completely normal life. I’m in the best shape I’ve been in in over 10 year’s. I look & feel incredibly healthy & happy. And although I won’t ever forget what I have gone through, it has made me a better person than I could’ve have ever imagined. Find what works for u, & stick to it. Consistency is key. Hope this can be helpful to those out there bc not only do u get ur life back but one with a very unique perspective. Take care, all the best.

I’m 9 month’s out from a CT of 4 mg of xanax & 6/7 month’s from my last benzo & am basically completely healed. I was also in tolerance withdrawal for over 2 year’s, kindled, taking opioids, drinking, all the while using other drugs & medications for several year’s & am now completely substance free. I have some very very minor lingering issues that I have no doubt will b gone within the next couple of months. It basically takes massive amounts of physical & mental stress combined before anything even begins to rear its head. I credit this entirely to cardio. Since I made running a part of my daily life the entire process has become linear. I’m starting a new career at the beginning of July, am involved in a wonderful new relationship, & love my completely normal life. I’m in the best shape I’ve been in in over 10 year’s. I look & feel incredibly healthy & happy. And although I won’t ever forget what I have gone through, it has made me a better person than I could’ve have ever imagined. Find what works for u, & stick to it. Consistency is key. Hope this can be helpful to those out there bc not only do u get ur life back but one with a very unique perspective. Take care, all the best.

I'm just under six month's and this is almost my story apart from I was only  in tolerance for maybe five months but really sick for two of those. Also, I came off Temazepam

I haven't taken care of myself as much as I should. I've drank and done other things, but everything was knocked on the head round about month four as I knew it was screwing me up. I personally believe that refusing to sit down and give into the symptoms helped a lot, evem on my sickest days. I would get up and do stuff, there were occasions that I had no option but to go back to bed as I couldn't even keep my eye's open but that became less and less. I made sure I was distracted, even at time's when I genuinely couldn't think, I still did what I needed to do. Try navigating the London tube system when your in complete brain fog and I think a little de realisation going on but I did it (thank you God). It was hell on earth.

I haven't really gone back to the gym, but it's on my to do list this week. I really believe I saw a turn around when I started meditating. I was able to pick off the root cause of my triggers one by one and deal with them, so anything that came along that would play into them were already dealt with.

The more you can still your mind, the more you can naturally disable yiur fight or flight without gabba, which in turn helps the receptors regeneration.

I've had two major stressful event's this morning but the only thing thats happened symptom wise is Ive got a itchy head and I feel a tad off. No biggy.

I truly believe you can impact your own healing, if you believe you will you will, if you don't you won't. For me, I simply decided at the begging of this thst it was unaceptsble to me to hsve a long healing and I wanted to be done in six months. I didn't read anything negitive about withdrawly, I only serched what ever sympton concerned me at the time. I chose to fill my mind with positivity and I listened to ted talks and video's about nuroplasticity and nuroscience and how science shows we csn heal our own body's. I.made sure there wss no room for any doubt or negativity. The only area that I fail in this was regarding my skin, the reflection in the mirror I couldn't ignore and that sent me into a massively obsessive spin. Truth us, it still.lools a but shit, but it's no where nesr as bad as I thought it was and it's getting better all the time.

Healing is available for everyone and it doesn't have to be years, it can be months

[68...]

""I truly believe you can impact your own healing, if you believe you will you will, if you don't you won't. For me, I simply decided at the begging of this thst it was unaceptsble to me to hsve a long healing and I wanted to be done in six months. I didn't read anything negitive about withdrawly, I only serched what ever sympton concerned me at the time. I chose to fill my mind with positivity and I listened to ted talks and video's about nuroplasticity and nuroscience and how science shows we csn heal our own body's. I.made sure there wss no room for any doubt or negativity. The only area that I fail in this was regarding my skin, the reflection in the mirror I couldn't ignore and that sent me into a massively obsessive spin. Truth us, it still.lools a but shit, but it's no where never as bad as I thought it was and it's getting better all the time.""

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This above is was the mindset I had also and it worked. I refused to let this thing get drawn out in my mind. Yes I read the posts where most people in my situation had long recovery / withdrawal. I was on Xanax for 14 years, longer than I thought I was but I refused to let it affect my thinking. I am 6 months out from my last dose and functioning normally. Also I have implemented cardio for the last three weeks and it is making a huge difference. You have to get up and do something about it no matter how you feel to accelerate the recovery. I went back to work 2 months ago, even though I was not feeling 100 %. Because I refused to wait for it. I even wrote my success story earlier than I should have just to trick my mind into speeding up the process.

Easy, Kam, Issey,  These are the most powerful posts I have read on BB.  Honest, direct with practical advice that works.  Thank you!

Easy, Kam, Issey,  These are the most powerful posts I have read on BB.  Honest, direct with practical advice that works.  Thank you!

Right on Dove. If there’s anything I could let the newcomers know is that ur life isn’t over. Just bc you’ve read about other’s taking year’s to recover doesn’t mean that you will. Look at this as an opportunity to reconfigure ur life. One of the benefits of this process would definitely have to b taking control of my health. Bc I was forced to eat a certain way or do certain activities just to get a smidgen of relief, healthy habits have now become a lifestyle. Not all of this process is detrimental. I wish everyone all the best & quickest recovery possible. Take care, & all the best.

Thank all of you. You people really come through with advice and help every time. Its amazing how people who have been through so much suffering have become a blessing to myself and others. Thanks, God bless you all.

Just curious those who are feeling healed at 9 months can you drink coffee? I will considered myself healed when my brain feels normal but also when it feels normal on coffee.lol.

I’m 9 month’s out from a CT of 4 mg of xanax & 6/7 month’s from my last benzo & am basically completely healed. I was also in tolerance withdrawal for over 2 year’s, kindled, taking opioids daily, drinking, all the while using other drugs & medications for several year’s & am now completely substance free. I have some very very minor lingering issues that I have no doubt will b gone within the next couple of months. It basically takes massive amounts of physical & mental stress combined before anything even begins to rear its head. I credit this entirely to consistent exercise, specifically cardio. Since I made running a part of my daily life the entire process has become linear. I’m starting a new career at the beginning of July, am involved in a wonderful new relationship, & love my completely normal life. I’m in the best shape I’ve been in in over 10 year’s. I look & feel incredibly healthy & happy. And although I won’t ever forget what I have gone through, it has made me a better person than I could’ve have ever imagined. Find what works for u, & stick to it. Consistency is key. Hope this can be helpful to those out there bc not only do u get ur life back but one with a very unique perspective. Take care, all the best.

How did healing happen to you? Did you just wake up one day feeling healed and continued feeling so from that point on?

benzocalamity,  If ya read their posts, they are talking about a process where they implemented tools that worked for them.  Exercise and healthy eating for Easy, which is proven to help the brain heal.  The others educated themselves on neuroplasticity and the ability of the brain to re-wire itself.  Meditation is proven to calm the CNS and shut down fight or flight.  These guys educated themselves and chose to incorporate the tools that worked for them.  They were and are proactive in their healing. 

Just curious those who are feeling healed at 9 months can you drink coffee? I will considered myself healed when my brain feels normal but also when it feels normal on coffee.lol.

I drink 2/3 every morning on an empty stomach & whenever I’m feeling drowsy. Caffeine has the exact same affect on me as it did before benzo’s. I can drink soda like I used to but don’t bc I realized how unhealthy it is to drink daily, more of a weekend thing now lol. Coke a cola is like my corona now. I couldn’t drink coffee for months but after a couple month’s of exercising daily it became the same way it did before benzo’s.

benzocalamity,  If ya read their posts, they are talking about a process where they implemented tools that worked for them.  Exercise and healthy eating for Easy, which is proven to help the brain heal.  The others educated themselves on neuroplasticity and the ability of the brain to re-wire itself.  Meditation is proven to calm the CNS and shut down fight or flight.  These guys educated themselves and chose to incorporate the tools that worked for them.  They were and are proactive in their healing.

Dove is absolutely right about this. You HAVE to be proactive about your healing. The brain has a remarkable ability to heal itself but in order to do so you have to give it what it needs. This does not come without hard work, dedication, discipline, perseverance, & consistency. You really have to dig deep during this process & truly decide for yourself how badly do you want your life back? If so, are you willing to do what it takes regardless of how you’re feeling at any given moment? Once you accept that this is a process & that healing does not happen overnight, you can begin to logically evaluate what you personally need to do to help nurture YOUR recovery process. Time then becomes obsolete bc you are solely focused on bettering yourself & your overall health with every ounce of energy you’re able to muster up. Every waking minute becomes something to take advantage of. I didn’t set any time frame of when I needed or expected to be healed by & before I even realized it, it was already happening. I know when I started doing cardio it was horrendous. One of the most uncomfortable & painful processes I’ve ever gone through. But that temporary pain didn’t stop or prevent me from accomplishing the goals I had set for myself. Once these tools become a habit & part of your daily life, you begin to see every little challenge as an opportunity. How does the saying go? Nothing worth having comes for free? That rings extremely true when it comes to recovering. The harder you work, the easier it becomes. And maybe some on here don’t agree with me or believe that pushing yourself TOO hard can set you back. Well all I know is that I continue to push myself every single day & have seen nothing but progress come from it. And it wasn’t always visible right away, so trust in the process. It is a medical fact that on days that I run I’m helping lower/control my blood pressure, increasing my oxygen intake, & strengthening my muscles. Not to mention that studies have proven that vigorous exercise increases GABA & glutamate levels as well as their production rates. And I say this again, these are medical facts! So even though it may cause pain, or rev up your current symptoms, it is STILL more beneficial to your overall health than not doing it. This isn’t going to be easy, not by a long shot. So dig deep, & decide for yourself if you’re willing to fight the hardest you ever have & regain the life you know you deserve. Thanks again dove, all the best in healing 

Dove is absolutely right about this. You HAVE to be proactive about your healing. The brain has a remarkable ability to heal itself but in order to do so you have to give it what it needs. This does not come without hard work, dedication, discipline, perseverance, & consistency. You really have to dig deep during this process & truly decide for yourself how badly do you want your life back? If so, are you willing to do what it takes regardless of how you’re feeling at any given moment? Once you accept that this is a process & that healing does not happen overnight, you can begin to logically evaluate what you personally need to do to help nurture YOUR recovery process. Time then becomes obsolete bc you are solely focused on bettering yourself & your overall health with every ounce of energy you’re able to muster up. Every waking minute becomes something to take advantage of. I didn’t set any time frame of when I needed or expected to be healed by & before I even realized it, it was already happening. I know when I started doing cardio it was horrendous. One of the most uncomfortable & painful processes I’ve ever gone through. But that temporary pain didn’t stop or prevent me from accomplishing the goals I had set for myself. Once these tools become a habit & part of your daily life, you begin to see every little challenge as an opportunity. How does the saying go? Nothing worth having comes for free? That rings extremely true when it comes to recovering. The harder you work, the easier it becomes. And maybe some on here don’t agree with me or believe that pushing yourself TOO hard can set you back. Well all I know is that I continue to push myself every single day & have seen nothing but progress come from it. And it wasn’t always visible right away, so trust in the process. It is a medical fact that on days that I run I’m helping lower/control my blood pressure, increasing my oxygen intake, & strengthening my muscles. Not to mention that studies have proven that vigorous exercise increases GABA & glutamate levels as well as their production rates. And I say this again, these are medical facts! So even though it may cause pain, or rev up your current symptoms, it is STILL more beneficial to your overall health than not doing it. This isn’t going to be easy, not by a long shot. So dig deep, & decide for yourself if you’re willing to fight the hardest you ever have & regain the life you know you deserve. Thanks again dove, all the best in healing

So cutting off the bad guys (benzos and other psychiatric drugs) isn't enough?!

I did exercise and eat healthy for about a year but then had to stop cuz I had to get my butt up and work to support myself and with work their comes all the bad habits of eating junk food, excessive sugar and coffee, and better yet, energy drinks to combat my overwhelming sense of fatigue!

It's hard, it is really hard when you have to pay your bills and keep up with your responsibilities. It is depressing too!

[68...]

I did exercise and eat healthy for about a year but then had to stop cuz I had to get my butt up and work to support myself and with work their comes all the bad habits of eating junk food, excessive sugar and coffee, and better yet, energy drinks to combat my overwhelming sense of fatigue!

It's hard, it is really hard when you have to pay your bills and keep up with your responsibilities. It is depressing too!

Sounds like eating right and exercise worked for a year ? Then Bad habits and junk food messed you up ?

Sounds like eating right and exercise worked for a year ? Then Bad habits and junk food messed you up ?

Yup! And bad habits only comes with work, especially if you have a tedious boring job that you don't love, and you also suffer from crushing fatigue, so you resort to eating junk and drinking lots of caffeinated drinks :(

Yup! And bad habits only comes with work, especially if you have a tedious boring job that you don't love, and you also suffer from crushing fatigue, so you resort to eating junk and drinking lots of caffeinated drinks :(

Honestly, your health is your own responsibility and you have the personal power to say no to junk food and yes to exercise no matter how tedious the job. I say this as someone who decided to give up smoking yesterday and ate a bag of harribo, areo bubbles and minstrels yesterday to combat the craving. Can't say I feal great today, but I consciously made that choice knowing it could swing either way for me and today I pay for that...no excuses. I'm not terrible but my skin feels like crap. I just get back on the horse.

We can either make excuses or we get on with healing. The choice is compleatly in your hands.

On a side note, I've been in a position of having a job I hate and one of the things this experience had taught me, is that I am not prepared to have anything in my life that does not serve to bring me happiness, that includes my job. Literally walked from a job this morning that I've only been in two weeks, because life is short and two precious to do things you hate.

Honestly, your health is your own responsibility and you have the personal power to say no to junk food and yes to exercise no matter how tedious the job. I say this as someone who decided to give up smoking yesterday and ate a bag of harribo, areo bubbles and minstrels yesterday to combat the craving. Can't say I feal great today, but I consciously made that choice knowing it could swing either way for me and today I pay for that...no excuses. I'm not terrible but my skin feels like crap. I just get back on the horse.

We can either make excuses or we get on with healing. The choice is compleatly in your hands.

On a side note, I've been in a position of having a job I hate and one of the things this experience had taught me, is that I am not prepared to have anything in my life that does not serve to bring me happiness, that includes my job. Literally walked from a job this morning that I've only been in two weeks, because life is short and two precious to do things you hate.

I gave up smoking too, 1 week post jump from benzos, and I ate healthy and exercised for a year but the wait was too long and didn't really pay off at the end, so it demotivated me and I returned to junk food and caffeine but not smoking, benzos and other psychiatric drugs!

I gave up smoking too, 1 week post jump from benzos, and I ate healthy and exercised for a year but the wait was too long and didn't really pay off at the end, so it demotivated me and I returned to junk food and caffeine but not smoking, benzos and other psychiatric drugs!

Congratulations on the giving up smoking. It's been one of the more challenging aspects for me with my anxiety but I'm in a place now I can do it.

Tell me, which symptoms you had while you were doing the clean living and what one's do you have now. Why did you not feel that it wasn't paying off?

I am mostly healed at 10 months. Being proactive really helped me get through acute, and I regret not sticking with the healthy habits I'd picked up last spring when I became depressed and faced a lot of life stress over the winter. I'm taking better care of myself again now that I am no longer working, and noticed a few persistent, core withdrawal symptoms (toxic mornings, insomnia, digestive issues) have recently subsided. It's basically just managing my mood as I regain cognitive function at this point. I'm hoping to write my success story when I reach the one-year mark.

So...not completely healed at 9 months off, but mostly there (and still improving) at 10 months off. Hope that helps.  :thumbsup:

Gwinna

Congratulations on the giving up smoking. It's been one of the more challenging aspects for me with my anxiety but I'm in a place now I can do it.

Tell me, which symptoms you had while you were doing the clean living and what one's do you have now. Why did you not feel that it wasn't paying off?

When I was living the clean living, everything improved (particularly my energy level) but I was still having the following symptoms:

- Insomnia (although it was better than now)

- Sinusitis

- Arthritis

- Cog fog

Now I have:

- All of the above, plus:

- Depression

- increase in anxiety

- crushing fatigue

I felt it wasn't paying off because I was still not healed and suffiring for all the efforts and drastic changes I made in my life!

Did you know that your stomach has more serotonin than your brain?

It doesn't surprise me on little bit that you are suffering from depression and anxiety now your not looking after your diet. The new train of thinking is that it is issues with your stomach that causes psychological disorders. I have to eat fairly clean because I'm gluten free anyway but I can tell you I fell like crap when I don't eat well...and that was before the benzos. It may be a more heightened awareness now you know what it feels like to eat well.

I've got arthritis in my ankle and I know how symptomatic it can be when my cns is playing up. I'm having a horrid day with it today with all the sugar

My advice to you would be to eat well and go to the gym, and meditate  this should help the arthritis (tumric is your friend here, try high quality supplements), depression anxiety, fatigue and insomnia.

I honestly don't think your symptoms are benzo related they are more life style, although you may be more sensitive than other's because of the benzos.

Try a sleep meditation on you tube for the insomnia, they have helped me a lot, with change in diet and exercise it should disapear. If it doesn't you need to find out why, meditation should help you root out the cause as insomnia is very rarely physical especially as far out as you are

Did you know that your stomach has more serotonin than your brain?

It doesn't surprise me on little bit that you are suffering from depression and anxiety now your not looking after your diet. The new train of thinking is that it is issues with your stomach that causes psychological disorders. I have to eat fairly clean because I'm gluten free anyway but I can tell you I fell like crap when I don't eat well...and that was before the benzos. It may be a more heightened awareness now you know what it feels like to eat well.

I've got arthritis in my ankle and I know how symptomatic it can be when my cns is playing up. I'm having a horrid day with it today with all the sugar

My advice to you would be to eat well and go to the gym, and meditate  this should help the arthritis (tumric is your friend here, try high quality supplements), depression anxiety, fatigue and insomnia.

I honestly don't think your symptoms are benzo related they are more life style, although you may be more sensitive than other's because of the benzos.

Try a sleep meditation on you tube for the insomnia, they have helped me a lot, with change in diet and exercise it should disapear. If it doesn't you need to find out why, meditation should help you root out the cause as insomnia is very rarely physical especially as far out as you are

Thank you Kam19 for valuable advices. I really appreciate it :)

Any particular turmeric supplement I should try?

Also, can you share with me here the youtube sleep meditation video? Cuz I've tried some nlp videos but they didn't really work!