Cold Turkey Withdrawal - with kindling - it took 6 years but THINGS DO CHANGE!

[th...]

I haven't time for a long post as it's past midnight in the UK but here's the jist:

Years ago I took valium aka diazepam on-and-off un-prescribed recreationally which was a bad move, then quit for a few weeks, had vomiting for three days then at a festival in 2012 took 40mg spread over 3 days and went into serious protracted withdrawal, brain zaps, myclonic jerks, easily startled, the whole horrorshow. It was made worse if I ever touched any kind of drug including alcohol. I had really messed up with the kindling, (using off and on while withdrawing) but it was a gradual recovery, with major shifts of improvement every year or so, major improvement after 6 years. I know I was unlucky most people don't take as long.

So if you're in protracted withdrawal don't fear, you may have to make some subtle life adjustments such as more sleep etc for a few years but you will improve. I can now drink and smoke whatever I wish within sensible limits but of course, I will never touch benzos again!

Avoiding alcohol in withdrawal is important. Other things that helped include earthing, grounding myself (walking barefoot on earth) when experiencing the epileptic-like effects, but this field is still being researched so take that advice as you wish.

I hope you a smooth recovery. It is a journey from which you can learn a lot.

Thanks for reading.

Hello thelinx,

Congratulations in reaching your recovery. Also, a million thanks for taking time to post and share your success story. Success stories like yours gives me hope for complete healing  when the right time comes.

Like you, I also cold turkey and kindled although I only took the poisonous drug for only a total of 33-35 days. I am 28 months off in 4 days. Although I have some improvements since acute, I am protracted and scared of how long it will take for me to recover.

Question: Were you at all functional until you reach your 6 year complete recovery? No more symptoms left?

Thank you so much for sharing us your experience!

May you continue to receive peace, joy, and wellness in your new life.

Blessings!

Pi

Thanks so much, I can’t really say how much your life story with this means to me today.

This is life-saving because I am protracted and have abused alcohol and some other things are very similar and it’s been almost like a needle in the haystack to find a story that is like me...

Good things and peace for a lifetime, you earned it, thanks a million.

Question: Were you at all functional until you reach your 6 year complete recovery? No more symptoms left?

Yes I was sort of functional, I worked at least part time through most of it, I just needed huge amounts of sleep and could not really take any form of drug or drink. I had to avoid too much sugar and other things.

thelinx,

Thank you so much for your rapid reply. I admire your strength, perseverance and patience to work part time despite the horrendous withdrawal symptoms from quitting these poisonous drugs.

Wishing you the very best!

Hugs and God bless!

Pi

Yes I was sort of functional, I worked at least part time through most of it, I just needed huge amounts of sleep and could not really take any form of drug or drink. I had to avoid too much sugar and other things.

I have the same severe sensitivity issues. I’m so so glad and relieved to hear this went away for you. Thank you for sharing.