From 6mg daily on Xanax I’m down to 0.5 can I jump?

[Be...]

It’s been around 7 months I’ve been taking Xanax and the last 2-3 months I’ve been tapering. At first it was extremely rapid and horrific, now I’m more stable I was on 1mga day a week or so ago and now I’m down to 0.5, do you guys think it will be ok to stop from here?

I personally would not but that's me.  I would continue to taper it to be safe but I don't know how much you were on before or any of your other factors. 

Oh, I just saw - you were on 6 mg.  Wow - you have been blessed that you feel good enough to jump at that.  BUT, I was there before when I took K and was able to jump at .5 mg and had no issues (was pregnant at the time and had feel good hormones going) but I wasn't on very long and started tapering right after being on a high dose and mentally, I was in a great place.  I still personally would probably at least go down to .25 before jumping but that's just me.  You may be fine.

Like Mom opined,

If I were you, I would taper down further. Then I would try your lowest dose every other day for awhile and then every 3rd day. If you still were not freaking out, then I would consider jumping. Xanax has a short haf-life so you should find out pretty quick.

You have an advantage in that you were only on it a fairly short time which seems to help some have an easier taper. Good luck and be safe.

That's a pretty big cut.  I cut from 1mg to .5mg Xanax when I first started trying to go off and felt like the devil sat his a*s on me.  I completed my taper with a valium crossover, but still, that's like going off cold turkey from 8mg valium. 

It’s been around 7 months I’ve been taking Xanax and the last 2-3 months I’ve been tapering. At first it was extremely rapid and horrific, now I’m more stable I was on 1mga day a week or so ago and now I’m down to 0.5, do you guys think it will be ok to stop from here?

How are you feeling now?  That is a big jump off xanax.  Truly, I wouldn't, I would stay there at least a month, go down to .25, say there a month, and if not feeling really well, would go doe to .125, just my opinion, you didn't provide a lot of information and you said you had already had one really bad time.  .  You need to give the meds time to catch up with your symptoms.  Good luck.  Mary  :)

I imagine youd be ok. If you have only been taking it 7 months. I doubt you would have a seizure or get physically hurt. It would suck tho.

If it were me? I'd taper to 0.25 mg then to 0.125 mg then jump.

• 2 months later...
Just want to let everyone here know that I jumped off and it’s been a little over a month that I’ve been fully clean. It was honestly easier than I thought. Some of these stories here make things worse for people rather than helping. In my experience and what I’ve seen, the majority of people come off benzodiazepines relatively easy. Just want to thank you guys for answering my questions in my darkest hour and I pray for all your healing. There is light at the end of the tunnel.