Going to 90 day detox tomorrow. Wish me luck

[tr...]

You think detox will help or hurt me in the long run?! Any advice before I take slow taper inside? They know about Ashton and slow taper. At least they will allowed me to rest whenI want too without the worry or ruminations anymore. Just got to get my sleep back. Maybe they’ll exceecise me to sleep. They have mindfulness, CBT for benzo WD and insomnia. Plus full range of supplements and I don’t have to cook. I’ll learning new coping skills in the mean time. I hope Im doing thing?!Advice?!

Wow. You are so brave. I hope they detox you correctly. The CBT sounds great too. Must be a good place. Wishing you strength in your recovery! Stevie Nix got off in 90 days and look at her now. :smitten: :smitten:

I would never do it.... nothing helps Benzo with-drawl except time.....A LOT OF TIME.  My skin still burns 9 months later...rehab will do do nothing for you  that some doc on the corner of the street couldn't do.

You think detox will help or hurt me in the long run?! Any advice before I take slow taper inside? They know about Ashton and slow taper. At least they will allowed me to rest whenI want too without the worry or ruminations anymore. Just got to get my sleep back. Maybe they’ll exceecise me to sleep. They have mindfulness, CBT for benzo WD and insomnia. Plus full range of supplements and I don’t have to cook. I’ll learning new coping skills in the mean time. I hope Im doing thing?!Advice?!

Good Luck and Good Health to you, a 90 day slow taper under supervision is the best that anyone could possibly receive, many of us have to

work and could never receive such a gift, wishing you the very best, there is no perfect formula for getting off this poison at least you're armed

with a wealth of knowledge prior to going in.

Kind Regards

Terry

Wishing you very good luck, and please report back!

I know someone went into detox just to get lower on valium (she was not about to havee it yanked away from her).  She liked it-- she needed people around and to feel safe.

90 days is a good start, make sure they understand you may need to continue your taper in to out patient, with holds.  If you make them agree to that before you go in, don't take any meds or supplements unless it's your choice, and get on here and research everything.  You are in control, make them sign that, they want your money and being in rehab doing a slow taper may not be the worst thing, but only if you are in charge.  Good luck!! 

I wish you all the luck in the world, but I think it will hurt you more than help. I am basing what I just said off my own personal experience many years ago, but YMMV as they say.

Please update from time to time how you are doing if you can.  :)

90 days is a good start, make sure they understand you may need to continue your taper in to out patient, with holds.  If you make them agree to that before you go in, don't take any meds or supplements unless it's your choice, and get on here and research everything.  You are in control, make them sign that, they want your money and being in rehab doing a slow taper may not be the worst thing, but only if you are in charge.  Good luck!!

Good advice Mary.  The best to ya Trench.

Good advice Mary.  The best to ya Trench.

Wishing you lots and lots of luck, advocate for yourself, you got this!!  Mary 💙🙏💘💙🙏💘💙

• 3 months later...

Yes, how was it and what is considered a good detox??

I'm sure they are expensive but wow it would be worth it if it helped even a little.  Health is everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in total agreement with msux and Mary.

If 90 day is to get you completely off, that is not long time at all.

In my opinion, detox won't work for the psych drug wd as it takes years on average for recovery, unless they throw other stuff to cover up the sx which you have to taper afterwards.

No Further posts from Trench, I hope he/she did not go through with the 9- day detox.

SLOW and IN YOUR OWN TIME is the name of the game with detox from benzos.

trenchmob2 please report back, I hope the detox didn't make you too ill to post.

I've engaged with benzo withdrawers who have been too incapacitated to post before.

• 2 months later...