Half life of diazapam

[He...]

Hi all

Is there a math formula or something to figure out how much Diazepam is really in one’s system after about 10 days if they are on a .1 mg once a day dose in their taper?

I know diazapam has a long half life. I’m not sure if it’s safe to jump at .1 mg because I know it has still been piling up in my system.

But .1mg seems so small. But on the other hand. I DONT WANT TO MESS MYSELF UP BY QUITTING AT .1 mg IF ITS GOING TO LEAVE ME WITH BAD WDSX.

SO DIFFICULT TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Heathcliff

Hi all

Is there a math formula or something to figure out how much Diazepam is really in one’s system after about 10 days if they are on a .1 mg once a day dose in their taper?

I know diazapam has a long half life. I’m not sure if it’s safe to jump at .1 mg because I know it has still been piling up in my system.

But .1mg seems so small. But on the other hand. I DONT WANT TO MESS MYSELF UP BY QUITTING AT .1 mg IF ITS GOING TO LEAVE ME WITH BAD WDSX.

Heathcliff

Diazepam, taken daily, will accumulate to about 7-8X the actual daily dose.

But that actually eases withdrawal.  As your dose declines, your body gradually releases some of that stored diazepam, and that slows the withdrawal response.  This is one of the major reasons that a cross to diazepam is often recommended.  It's sometimes referred to as the "self-tapering benzo".

I emphasized accumulate to point out that it just means the drug is being "stored".  It does NOT mean that it is having 7-8X the effect.

Hi all

Heathcliff

Diazepam, taken daily, will accumulate to about 7-8X the actual daily dose.

But that actually eases withdrawal.  As your dose declines, your body gradually releases some of that stored diazepam, and that slows the withdrawal response.  This is one of the major reasons that a cross to diazepam is often recommended.  It's sometimes referred to as the "self-tapering benzo".

I emphasized accumulate to point out that it just means the drug is being "stored".  It does NOT mean that it is having 7-8X the effect.

Thanks so much for your reply Builder! I understand it much better now!

Heathcliff