Is benadryl bad? I never stopped taking it thru w/d.Is it making me worse?

[ma...]

I haven’t  taken Benadryl ... I read it revs up symptoms for some in withdrawal.  You might want to put in in the search bar on the Alternative meds page to read what others have posted.

SaraSue

Probably not it works on histimane and not Gaba.  I've taken Benadryl at night for sleep for years with no problem.

I took it with no problem. I now take a half tablet (12.5mg) of Doxylamine Succinate. Its another antihistamine. I find it works much better for sleep and requires a smaller dosage.

Congrats Makeit!,

As long as the antihistamine is not a phenothiazine it should be ok. Of course phenothiazine antihistamines are pretty safe but having been on another phenothiazine I think it might be hard to stop.

Dick

Thanks for the info, Dick.  I take Benedryl every night.  Two 25mg pills.  Lately I've been wondering if it's going to cause me problems, but I have been able to get more sleep.

You take good care, sir.

j

• 3 weeks later...
I was wondering about benadryl. I quit ct xanax 2 weeks ago .25mg and havent been able to sleep through the night. I was scared to try it because I didn't want to rev up my sxs. The past 2 weeks have been torture . This week has gotten some better but sleep still evades me. So- others have tried and it has worked - I may try it tonight as I need sleep.