Food don't taste good any more

[sa...]

Ever since I stopped taking olanzapine I noticed that food isn't that interesting any more.  Even my favorite stuff don't seem as yummy. :( That sucks because cooking is one of my passions.  Another curious thing is I seem to really hate sweet food now.  It was a torture to eat my birthday cake last week (and it wasn't particularly sweet).  If I'm handed a donut, I'm like "is there ANYTHING else to eat"?  The boxes of chocolate I received for my birthday sat unopened in my room.

What I'm wondering is: is this a temporary aversion?  Or am I never going to like chocolate and dessert again?  ??? Anyone else had similar experience?

For 4 months, my taste buds were out of whack.  Nothing tasted right.  I couldn't stand sweets and many other foods because the flavors were "off."  This is part of the benzo injury for me. Perfectly fresh food would taste and smell spoiled.  My sense of smell and taste are returning to normal after 6months.  Although, I have developed chemical sensitivities and have strong reactions to cleaning products or any aerosol.  Sucks 

• 2 weeks later...
I have this bit even worse for me is that food feels repulsive in my mouth. The texture of meat, fish and veg is disgusting to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Ever since I stopped taking olanzapine I noticed that food isn't that interesting any more.  Even my favorite stuff don't seem as yummy. :( That sucks because cooking is one of my passions.  Another curious thing is I seem to really hate sweet food now.  It was a torture to eat my birthday cake last week (and it wasn't particularly sweet).  If I'm handed a donut, I'm like "is there ANYTHING else to eat"?  The boxes of chocolate I received for my birthday sat unopened in my room.

What I'm wondering is: is this a temporary aversion?  Or am I never going to like chocolate and dessert again?  ??? Anyone else had similar experience?

Oh my goodness, I wish I had this problem. I cannot remember when I enjoyed food as much as I do now. The trouble is that I gain weight. I guess your system needs to adjust to no more olanzapine. It's an extremely powerful appetite stimulant.

• 1 month later...
I have no interest in food, no appetite, food tastes wrong and can only eat very bland food.  If you are having trouble with nutrition use aloe vera juice - very gut healing and full of nutrition,  I can only eat porridge in the morning and add some chia seeds for extra nutrition.  A simple soup for lunch again with some chia seeds stirred in.