Been on Xanax 6 months. Wish I never started. Need to wean off

[Li...]

Hello everyone.

How are you?.  Trying to get off Xanax.  Been on 0.25 for 6 months.  Going through menopause and Dr prescribed for anxiety.  Have a gene where I.cant absorb b vitamins so I think that is why I am nervous.and hormones.  Can someone tell me how to get off of Xanax.

Thank you

Kathy

There are lots of ways - some folks do well with a DLMT and others, small cuts.  Thankfully, you haven't been on a high dose or for long, though I know that doesn't necessarily make it easier. 

I think there are some files that will help explain. 

Sorry you are going through this.  I am also dealing w/ hormone issues, anxiety, all of this and trying to taper off klonopin.  I think most of us wish we never would have taken this poison. 

Wishing you the best.

Hello everyone.

How are you?.  Trying to get off Xanax.  Been on 0.25 for 6 months.  Going through menopause and Dr prescribed for anxiety.  Have a gene where I.cant absorb b vitamins so I think that is why I am nervous.and hormones.  Can someone tell me how to get off of Xanax.

Thank you

Kathy

if you are having trouble with b vitamins look at a youtube video with dr. eric berg. He talks about the benefits of nutritional yeast for B vitamins. its not a bad yeast but its more of a amino acid that is full of b vitamins.

you might be interested in that. My wife is at the start of that age and she is going to start taking it with me. I am taking it because the b vitamins are supposed to be good for healing the brain.

I was also a short time xanax user. I was on close to .75 or 1 mg of xanax when I stopped. I used a scale and crushed the pilled then weighed it and reduced it every couple nights.

But if you do the crush a wiegh method -- weigh the pill before you crush it. get the starting weight and then crush some pill and then weigh out your amount that you want to take on that particular day. I started reducing mine around 1 percent a day but as you go along the percentages will get bigger -- thats where i am now. I am torward the end and the percentages are larger and Im getting some WD symptoms.

Good luck to you. I dont think you will have that hard of a time.