can i take a Vicodin for one time while tapering from benzo/ativan

[Ca...]

Is one vicodin really going to hurt??? please advise before i do it very soon.  please???????????????????????/  i have had no sleep in weeks and my body is breaking down. i know the vicodin or morphine will help me fall asleep.  will one time really hurt?

I'm not advising you what to do. If it were me not sleeping for weeks maybe a one time low dose and after a few hours maybe a second low dose til sleep is achieved in some since. Sleep is needed and rare curminstances calls for personal decision. Chronic insomnia or sleep deprivation by itself and the rebound effect on sleep from tapering Ativan adds to the misery(WD effect and/or tolerance). Without sleep of some degree in your case may supercede the risk of a opiate for sleep maybe one night. If it was me and I'm not you, I would take it!!!! You only have the present to consider and your overall health. If its very,very bad go to ER or 911 for help.

I don't have personal experience with vicodin.  If you know it will work for sure, it's probably OK to use it once.

Morphine might be a bit much, unless you also have a lot of pain.  I wouldn't use it just for sleep.

Have you tried some milder sleep aid like antihistamines?  I used to take doxylamine.  For me it had no side effect and no withdrawal at all. 

I can not say for sure but if I had to guess, I would say just one is not going to hurt you considerably. Have you exhausted all the OTC remedies? I know going w/o sleep for long periods of time can drive you to the brink of insanity. :-(