How to cut from final .5 Diazepam- or jump?

[Di...]

Hi:

I have been on a very hard a long road of 12 years on various Benzo- over last 2 I've went from 10mg of Diazepam down to .5- it has not been easy, at all, wild and variable swings, but I am at point where I need to either drop to .4, .3, .2, .1- jump or just jump from here

Any advice on how to cut at this level by .01 since pills cant be cut further? I do also have liquid prescription but its hard to be that precise with a syringe

Or do I just jump from here? Are there any recommendations on typical jump point for long term Diazepam?

Thanks

Chris

Just jump. 

.5mg diazepam has no therapeutic or physiological effect.  At .5mg any dependency is only psychological.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Dinopass, Just wondering, did you jump from .50 mg Diaz?  Have you been successful?  That is one of the end questions I just asked today. I hope you are well!!!

Hi- I did a  cut to .25 - its hard to cut the pill that small, I was just getting as close as I could, then jumped last week- so far so good but I still need to give it time to see where I am at.

Thank you for replying!!!!! Please keep me posted as to how you are doing (ok? Too steep?) and I wish you nothing but success moving forward!!!!!! You have gotten down to a good %!!!!! I will be rooting for you!!!

Surem feel free to reach me via DM if tyou need any support or guidance- it's been a long slow battle for me but hoping I am near the end

Following you D!

I am at 0.25mg no DLMT down from 0.5 since march. Its horrific even with this slow taper.

But like we all learned now, everyone is so different so its hard to predict own situation based on others experience.

I still feel the drug after each tidy daily dose. Some days it helps with pain or muscle rigidity, bit others I causes spasm or pain or other stuff. I believe it's causing lots harms so tried to cut faster or bigger but each time I would be threw to totally unbearable wd. So I'm trying to reduce as fast as possible but only when wd is tolerable.

How do you feel so far from reduction? What are your sx? I would really like to know how you feel after the tiny dose,? I usually feel very bad the 1st 2 hours after dose and somewhat better round 3 hours.

Oh, I use 100 ml whole milk to dissolve the 2mg tablet of v. So each ml of the solution contains 0.02mg v. I usually cut 2 drops each day (approx. 0.002mg v) by just squeezing out a drop from a synrige. It's pretty accurate if you dissolve the pill well by letting it sit in for couple hours and shake well.

I’m in a similar position with clonazepam. I’ve been on 19 years, was as high as 8mg/day, but over the past two years I’ve gone from 4mg to 0.50mg/day. I read that 0.1mg is equivalent to 0.5mg of diazepam. Should I go for the 0.25 tablets or just get off once I stabilize on 0.5?

Been a brutal road, but proud that I’m almost there as well.

To the original poster and most others here. It's like this guy totally got ignored. Quoting builder:

Just jump. 

.5mg diazepam has no therapeutic or physiological effect.  At .5mg any dependency is only psychological.

I know everyone's suffering in a different way and it's sometimes the symptoms are hellish, but you have to start your recovery now by waiting to get better. 0.5mg of diazepam is like giving a dehydrated person about to die a drop of water. There is no physical dependence at 0.5, just psychologically induced symptoms.

You should be celebrating, trying to think positively and waiting (not literally though  ;); you gotta live your lives now whether you plunge straight into work or need to stay in bed got a few days watching TV, reading a book, jogging. The benzodiazepine withdrawal has been complete  :thumbsup:

One of the repliers said something about 0.5 conazepam. He/she shouldn't jump! Clonazepam is 30 to 40 times more potent than diazepam. So, 0.5×40=20 mg of diazepam. You've to somehow either get down to 0.25 and jump or switch to Valium. It can be done all very quickly, but not as quickly as the other posters.

Keep us posted! With time you'll start to think less and less about benzos and your clingy pathological dependence will dissipate, and we'll be hearing some success stories  :)

Keep up posted and TIME

To the original poster and most others here. It's like this guy totally got ignored. Quoting builder:

Just jump. 

There is no physical dependence at 0.5, just psychologically induced symptoms.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just jump. 

There is no physical dependence at 0.5, just psychologically induced symptoms.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

...And yet, -Here so many of us are (or have been..)...

Are there any recommendations on typical jump point for long term Diazepam

Chris, there are no recommendations on a typical jump point. There are just people's experiences. Ashton tells us we can jump at .5 mgs. Many people who have jumped at that point are okay. And many want to taper down further.

IMO a dependence is a dependence, whether it's "real" i.e. physiological, or psychological (which is also real). Maybe our s/x at .5 mgs were/are psychologically induced . . . if so, then it stands to reason that when we get to zero, no matter how fast or slowly we get there, they will disappear.

Getting to zero isn't a race . . . it's all about feeling well when you get there.

And Chris, there are syringes that measure tiny amounts.

If you feel you need to taper to zero, imo, you need to do that. It's up to you. Do you feel well? If so, then jump. If not, why not taper down a little further? You have nothing to lose.

I felt I needed to taper to zero. I felt awful at .5 mgs. I wouldn't have jumped there. But everyone's different.

Wishing you all the best in whatever your decision is.

Katz

Any advice on how to cut at this level by .01 since pills cant be cut further? I do also have liquid prescription but its hard to be that precise with a syringe

You dilute your liquid to a ratio of .1mg=1ml.  Then .01mg=.1ml...easy to measure.

And accuracy and precision really don't matter anyway (especially with diazepam) As long as you are making a gradual reduction, day-to-day, dose-to-dose variations just self cancel.