Antipsychotic withdrawal

[An...]

Hi, I’m just wondering if antipsychotic withdrawal can include weepiness and depression. Does it have any similarities to benzodiazepine withdrawal? Thank you so much.

Yes they can be very similar.  Your brain also need to adjust to new levels of neurotransmitters.  Depends on your dose and history, the withdrawal can be pretty bad.  Although I seriously hope it won't be as bad, because I've just cut olanzapine. :o I personally think antipsychotic withdrawals cause more anxiety than depresssion.

It’s horrid but can be done.

Search on the home page or go to other medicines to see the threads on this.

I am9 weeks from jumping 25 Quetiapine (with short reinstatement) Was on 100 which helped sleep but flattened me.

Depends what y were on and for how long!

Can you give more info about you drug history?

Dick

I'm three weeks off and having a tough time with sleeping. :( Also feel more anxious and sensitive.  My brain feels random and weird sometimes.  Every little thing I need to do feels so stressful.  Sometimes I even doubt my decision to quit olanzapine.  I was only taking 0.625mg per day and it kept my over-active brain in check, and controlled my anxiety.  Now I have to have all my old problems back plus more. :(

The anxiety was after jumping such that I have had to updose the diazepam slightly and have anti emetic cover.

Stabilised after three days and hope to return to semblance of normality.

It was given for agitated depression so I guess unless I have overcome that with talking treatments  life will be hard.

Not a drug for anything but the severest psychosis in my opinion.

Dick