Author Topic: Few weeks off! Alcohol question!  (Read 1705 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Few weeks off! Alcohol question!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 03:28:36 pm »
I really appreciate this info about alcohol.   I'm now off Xanax for 2 months.   During my taper I could drink a glass of wine without a problem.  Now that I'm 100% off Xanax, drinking a glass of wine is a problem.  I have stronger with withdrawal symptoms.  I guess I'm feeling that kindle effect related to the brain getting a taste of GABA?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 11:55:31 am »
Iíd recommend not drinking at all until youíre completely healed for a while. I used to fall into the same pattern - drink, feel ok the next day, then slammed around 4 days after. 100% messing with GABA and acting on the same receptors. I havenít drank in 1 year and might not ever drink again. When I heal from this Iím not doing ANYTHING that could possibly make me feel like this again.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 02:13:05 pm »
I love a beer in the afternoon more than anything but my gastro doctor explained to me what it does a long time ago after I was RX'ed Librax , haven't had one in a long time. Now I have drank a alcohol free beer for the taste and probably shouldn't  have done that.
After I'm healed I'll drink some wine but in no hurry after the terrible taper.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 12:38:26 am »
Thanks to those who were supportive and informative. I do realize now that alcohol is bad and now exactly how bad it is. I thought I would be ok since I was ok during the taper with a few drinks but I have set learned my lesson. I have been through he'll too since the beginning of this year and the judgemental comments weren't appreciated. Alcohol used to relax me but I know now not to touch the stuff for a long long time. Anyways I'm paying for it now because my dizziness is way worse than before.  :-[ :-\

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 02:06:26 am »
Thanks to those who were supportive and informative. I do realize now that alcohol is bad and now exactly how bad it is. I thought I would be ok since I was ok during the taper with a few drinks but I have set learned my lesson. I have been through he'll too since the beginning of this year and the judgemental comments weren't appreciated. Alcohol used to relax me but I know now not to touch the stuff for a long long time. Anyways I'm paying for it now because my dizziness is way worse than before.  :-[ :-\
I had two beers about a month ago because, like you, I wanted to get back to "normal." I was feeling so good, I didnt think it would hurt. I was wrong. It brought back my dizziness and lightheadedness again. Im just now, a month later, getting back to where I was before the beers. I do enjoy a beer or two occasionally, but Im putting that on hold for a while until Im symtom free for at least a year. I just wanted to let you know that it took me about a month to get back to feeling like I was before the two beers. Hopefully, youll strat feeling better again soon!
Take care,
Fp

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 05:34:47 am »
Agree with above. I too would drink a couple of beers during my taper and no big deal. Then about 3.5 months out I would drink a few beers on Saturday and by Tuesday or Wednesday I would be in full anxiety attack. Stopped drinking and now sleeping better and so far its been a really good week.

But I cant wait to have a few beers...I do like them! Im thinking a year out and do a test run.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 01:00:43 pm »
I would love to have an occasional drink to enjoy and relax however I know right now
that my system is so very raw that it will only cause terrible symptoms, heck even just a
couple of ice cream bars created problems for me I can only imagine what alcohol would do
to me at this point only 35 days off of Benzo's, our systems were steamrolled by these Benzos
and now it's time to heal, May God Bless all of us that are in the middle of our journey to peace
and freedom.

Eat & Drink Healthy Fellow Warriors !
Kindest Regards
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 07:47:15 pm »
I continually go to the best support I have found that specifically classifies drugs, alcohol, antibiotics and most drugs into GABA agonists, GABA antagonists (which is an
inverse agonist) PAMs) Positive allosteric modulators of the GABA-a and b neurotransmitters.  People hardly ever are given a true GABA agonist drug.  Most are
PAMs and the worst ones that really set us back are NAMs (negative allosteric modulators).

Here is a link to get you going if you really are interested.. This is a Wikipedia link an at the bottom in blue you can click on the actual drug list that tells what each drug is and how it is categorized.  You can also look up NAMs, and find the list at the bottom in blue also. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GABA_receptor_agonist

I hope you can all understand better how these drugs are actually effecting us.

Wishing you all a speedy recovery.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 08:51:51 pm »
Thanks for the information! 

Unfortunately, I don't have a degree in chemistry and therefore, it's all Greek (or worse) to me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2019, 11:08:52 am »
I continually go to the best support I have found that specifically classifies drugs, alcohol, antibiotics and most drugs into GABA agonists, GABA antagonists (which is an
inverse agonist) PAMs) Positive allosteric modulators of the GABA-a and b neurotransmitters.  People hardly ever are given a true GABA agonist drug.  Most are
PAMs and the worst ones that really set us back are NAMs (negative allosteric modulators).

Here is a link to get you going if you really are interested.. This is a Wikipedia link an at the bottom in blue you can click on the actual drug list that tells what each drug is and how it is categorized.  You can also look up NAMs, and find the list at the bottom in blue also. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GABA_receptor_agonist

I hope you can all understand better how these drugs are actually effecting us.

Wishing you all a speedy recovery.

I read the link. It was very educational. Thanks for sharing. :smitten: