All for one and one for all!

[wh...]

Hello all, My name is Dorothy and I am new to the group. I joined BenzoBuddies through a great lady. She said I would find lalot of support as well as others who are going through the same or worse situations I am facing.  I have been on conozopam for about 30 years.  I just had my second child and do beleive I was gong through ppd.  well. they prescribed me prozac, which escalated to paxil, that escalated to cymbalta. then came the lithiium, lamictal and the breatest of them all clonozopam. I have been up, down, all around. I have had nothing but illness and sickness. i have been diagnosed with ra. fibro. hep c. had surgury for hypothyroidism.  then Im told i dont have Hep C, or Fibro, or RA. but now its osteoporosis. anyway, This medicine is poison and thats the reason for ll hthese ailments and diseases that I had, then dont have, etc etc etc. Well the time has come to get rid of this poison and get my life back. It took me a year and a half to get off of the cymbalta. I was counting beads forever. Well, here I am now trying to wean of the Benzos.  Harder than the cymbalta. and that was horrific. I am presently taking 1mg. I weaned myself down over a period of time from 1.5. I am staying at 1 with these crazy side effects praying they will subside. Everone keeps telling me to go back to 1.5 but heck no. ll deal with it. I do have my days however  where i just cant ake it anymore and actually consider this.  i think my doctor tapered me too fast so now im taking it into my own hanads and yours hopefully. I need all the help I can get!  I want to thank you for having me in this group and hope I can help out some peers with some of my experiences of positivity as well as realities of this poison. Here;s knowing we are all in this tgether and will get through this dark tunnel and once again see the sunshine and light coming and shining upon us. Godspeed to all! slow and steady, steady and slow. thats the only way to go (use to read a book to my children about goofy and donald having a race.  goofy lost cause he was a big shot with his hot rod. and Donald won with his jalopy cause he went slow and steady!  Good luck and best to all!  Godspeed is the only speed....Dorothy

zDFSObb.png

Hello  whitedove15!

We are very glad that you found us!

Wise decision to get off of the benzo's and other medications. You really have done  remarkable job so far. Your determination will get you through this difficult time. Many folks have found that doing a symptom based taper reducing 5 - 10% every 10 - 14 days and holding when necessary produces manageable symptoms. I too was misdiagnosed. The majority of my "illnesses" disappeared as I tapered and once off the poison I flourished. Stay strong, you can do this!

I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery.  You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to be benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history by creating a signature:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's

Boards:

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days 

Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk 

You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video