My Diazepam seems to dissolve completely into water. Can I titrate using this?

[tt...]

Hi Everybody,

It may seem like a dumb question, but here goes:

I let my diazepam sit in water and it dissolves completely. If I titrate with this, what might be a problem if I shake it vigorously and withdraw my couple mL?

What am I missing? As long as it seems uniformly mixed before I withdraw (ha!) my mL, I don't see the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Matt

Hi Everybody,

It may seem like a dumb question, but here goes:

I let my diazepam sit in water and it dissolves completely. If I titrate with this, what might be a problem if I shake it vigorously and withdraw my couple mL?

What am I missing? As long as it seems uniformly mixed before I withdraw (ha!) my mL, I don't see the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Matt

Your tablet breaks down and deconstructs, but the diazepam does NOT dissolve.

The diazepam will NOT go into solution, will not be uniformly distributed, and will NOT be a suitable form for dosing/tapering.  When you measure out your liquid, you will no way of knowing what your actual dose is.  (and water is also a very poor suspension agent!)

You can easily solve these problems with a few mls of vodka or propylene glycol.  Why not do it the right way?

Hi Builder,

Nice to meet you! I see you're a big part of this community, so thank you for answering my question.

I suppose I should've been clearer about it. I'm certainly not trying to subvert the method or cut corners. My issue is that I'm actually taking benzos because of an alcohol withdrawal tremor/fit, and am quite wary of putting any alcohol in my body. Also, I live in Japan where Propylene Glycol is not readily available. Almost everything (except alcohol) is far more regulated than Western countries. Whisky from a vending machine at 4am? Sure! PG from a drug store? Highly doubtful.

If you have any suggestions for other methods, I'd be very happy to hear them. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist today, so I will run the idea of vodka past him.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...