Vistaril / Hydroxyzine - Yes or No ???

[Ho...]

Has anybody had any experience with this medication?  Good, bad or otherwise?

Almost 6 months post jump and I am still in a bad way!  My Dr has prescribed Vistaril and while I have resisted ALL medication offered to me up to this point (gabapentin, seroquel, remeron and trazadone to name a few), I am considering taking this one as it is listed as an antihistamine.  My doctor swears that it is not addictive nor will I become physically dependent (heard that one before)!

I’m currently not taking any prescription medications and I was wanting to keep it that way, but after 3 years of misery, I could certainly use some relief!

Please and thank you for any and all replies!

I know it and I've tried it. It is good for sleep, it can knock you out, but bad for cog fog and hallucinations.

Thank you for the replies!  I already have dizzy/cog fog all the time.  Does it help with the anxiety at all? 

I tried it after an alcohol set back and it made withdrawal 10 times worse when it wore off. Its super effective though. So Idk. Pretty much playing with fire.

Thank you for the replies!  I already have dizzy/cog fog all the time.  Does it help with the anxiety at all?

Not necessarily anxiety but it is good for sleep. So, if you need to sleep so bad it might be an effective solution.

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]