Hi. please help. can i use Flexeril / cyclobenzeprine

[Ca...]

• 3 weeks later...
I wouldn't recommend it. Extended use can have WD as it affects epinephrine (vs GABA for benzo's).  If you are tapering well, you should not need another med; if you are having WD from current taper, slow down or take time off tapering for a while to stabilize.

This drug is similar to an antidepressant I was told you were only supposed to take it for two weeks that’s what I’ve read. But I’ve taken my doctor didn’t warn me about anything about duration of taking it I know it’s strong medicine  it knocks you out. I don’t take it anymore because of the research I did on it close to an antidepressant and it was kind a strong medication made me really groggy in the morning’s but if you need to sleep it will knock you out

I took flexeril many times during my taper and after I jumped.  I tried to be careful and only take it for 3-4 days in a row and then take a couple weeks off of taking it, or atleast 4-5 days.  I was probably sloppy with it but also lucky, as I had no withdrawal symptoms from it. I would still use it for just one or two nights.  I know it could cause other problems but I was in so much pain and it did help. 

I took Flexiril for a couple nights in a row and it sent me into what feels like a setback about 5 days ago. It could just be a coincidence but I'm not taking it again. At this point I've come too far to voluntarily take any steps back. I jumped a little over 3 weeks ago.