Klonopin taper

[Ih...]

I've been taking 6 mg of Klonopin one time per week for the past 2 yrs. Yes I know that's crazy, unsafe and not how it was prescribed but that was the only dose that made my anxiety go away. I must have a high tolerance for drugs. Anyway I'm on Medicare and they don't pay for Detox facilities other than checking yourself into the looney bin. I don't want to do that as it's not a comfortable, homelike setting. Anyway, I went to my shrink and was totally honest with what I was doing and asked for help tapering. He put me on .25 of Klonopin 2x/day and 300 mg of Gabapentin 3x/day. Btw, he is very arrogant. OMG the withdrawals are awful!!! I feel that he's lowering my dose too quickly. What do you all think??? I bought GABA to help with some symptoms. Any suggestions, feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm determined to do this but find it very hard to function. Thanks everyone!!!

I've been taking 6 mg of Klonopin one time per week for the past 2 yrs. Yes I know that's crazy, unsafe and not how it was prescribed but that was the only dose that made my anxiety go away. I must have a high tolerance for drugs. Anyway I'm on Medicare and they don't pay for Detox facilities other than checking yourself into the looney bin. I don't want to do that as it's not a comfortable, homelike setting. Anyway, I went to my shrink and was totally honest with what I was doing and asked for help tapering. He put me on .25 of Klonopin 2x/day and 300 mg of Gabapentin 3x/day. Btw, he is very arrogant. OMG the withdrawals are awful!!! I feel that he's lowering my dose too quickly. What do you all think??? I bought GABA to help with some symptoms. Any suggestions, feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm determined to do this but find it very hard to function. Thanks everyone!!!

Yes. That is a huge drop in dosage your shrink did. I too got myself up to 5mg of klonopin daily. How many K's were you taking daily? (geusstimation)

My shrink has got me down to 3mg daily in 4 months time. And he is making me hold until July and then I will taper from 3mg. I can't IMAGINE what you're going through. The Gababpentin is just a "safety net" in case you go into seizures.

Since getting to 3mg my w/d symptoms have been very strange to say the least.

I don't have much advice. But just that question as to how many K's a day were you taking? Then maybe that will give some buddies here an idea on how to help you.