Question about gabapentin

[Py...]

I started taking it in order to stop a weak burning /numbing feeling in my left chest area. I've only been taking it for two days but it seems to make things worse and makes me feel more unstable physically. Do you think this is just happening because I'm starting the drug or do you think it will go get better. Honestly I'm thinking about stopping it all together and trying setting else

[f1...]

No, I think you are having a bad reaction to the med and you should listen to your body telling you this drug is making things worse and making you physically unstable! We are taught not to listen and swallow the pill. It does not sound like it's worth the side effects or meant for you.

PS I was given gabapentin on a forced CT in psych hospital and kept taking it and yah, nerve pain went way down but I was super messed up all the time and had loads of side effects. Many people also struggle to get off of it. It ended up destabilizing me and making things harder. Good luck!

No, I think you are having a bad reaction to the med and you should listen to your body telling you this drug is making things worse and making you physically unstable! We are taught not to listen and swallow the pill. It does not sound like it's worth the side effects or meant for you.

PS I was given gabapentin on a forced CT in psych hospital and kept taking it and yah, nerve pain went way down but I was super messed up all the time and had loads of side effects. Many people also struggle to get off of it. It ended up destabilizing me and making things harder. Good luck!

Appreciate the feedback thanks!

My advice to you is to stay away from this drug, especially if it is making you worse.  Despite what the doctors may tell you Gabapentin does cause addiction and the withdrawals can be very bad.  I was put on it in a rehab clinic as a mood stabilizer to help with a Klonopin cold turkey detox.  I just passed my four year detox anniversary and I've spent the past two years trying to wean myself off of gabapentin.  The withdrawal effects are similar to benzo withdrawal.  It also has some unusual effects (for me) like ocular migraines and bouts of double vision.  In rehab, they put me on 1200 mg/day and now I'm down to 500 mg/day.  I'm having to take is slow because if I go too fast I start having anxiety issues.  In my opinion, Gabapentin is a nasty drug that, like Klonopin, came straight from the pit of hell. 

My advice to you is to stay away from this drug, especially if it is making you worse.  Despite what the doctors may tell you Gabapentin does cause addiction and the withdrawals can be very bad.  I was put on it in a rehab clinic as a mood stabilizer to help with a Klonopin cold turkey detox.  I just passed my four year detox anniversary and I've spent the past two years trying to wean myself off of gabapentin.  The withdrawal effects are similar to benzo withdrawal.  It also has some unusual effects (for me) like ocular migraines and bouts of double vision.  In rehab, they put me on 1200 mg/day and now I'm down to 500 mg/day.  I'm having to take is slow because if I go too fast I start having anxiety issues.  In my opinion, Gabapentin is a nasty drug that, like Klonopin, came straight from the pit of hell.

Thanks for you feedback  >:D

Daves, did you felt drowsiness on gabapentin? Im on it for neuropatic pain, but feel drowsiness everytime in take it. Afraid that this will make it more harder to wean off in the future.

[f1...]

Daves, did you felt drowsiness on gabapentin? Im on it for neuropatic pain, but feel drowsiness everytime in take it. Afraid that this will make it more harder to wean off in the future.

I had extreme drowsiness on that drug, it is one of the most common side effects and only increases with increasing dosages (I was up to 2400, high as a kite by the midday dose, or more accurately, super drugged and would have to sleep). I was only on it for maybe a couple of months from a high dose to lower and I CT at 600 when I reinstated benzos. Wasn't easy. It did help with the neuropathic pain for sure though.