Question about pregabalin

[be...]

Hey... so I'm on Ativan 2mg and 4mg Valium, split between 0.5mg Ativan in the morning and afternoon and 1mg Ativan and 4mg Valium at night. I developed the tolerance to Ativan pretty quickly, so it isn't really working at all for me. Only the Valium helps me sleep at night. My main issues were restless legs and insomnia, so I'm also on 300mg Pregabalin every night. I don't know how I should taper considering the Pregabalin, is it going to stop me from healing because it works on a way related to GABA? If so, what's better to taper off first? I haven't even really started tapering and already been feeling awful as I built up tolerance to Ativan so quickly.

I sympathise with you, as I know the pregabalin I take for pain is also working on my anxiety.  I read it works on a different pathway to Gaba a so I suppose tapering will be genuine when you do it.

There is a lot of adverse publicity in uk about it and it’s now a restricted drug.

I have read a few posts on here where folk have reduced at faster than the ten percent without problems.

I have been told pregabalin will ease WD symptoms but if so it’s not been by much. -))

Are you aiming to be on just Diazepam before tapering? 

Sorry not to be much help. 125 pregabalin does help me sleep, so you might leave it til last as I am doing.

Yours

Dick

Hey, thanks for your reply, it really took away some of my worry today. I'm aiming to crossover to Diazepam as soon as possible, yes. I didn't find Pregabalin helped me sleep directly as much when I started taking it but it really helps for my Restless Leg Syndrome (which I've had for years, way before I had any benzodiazepines...) which then also helps take away one of the factors that impacts my ability to sleep. I'm in the UK, so I'm aware of all the publicity about Pregabalin being just another benzo, which of course made my anxiety go up... It hasn't really eased my w/d too much so far apart from the RLS, I have to say.

I have spent a rather sad evening looking at pregabalin withdrawal podcasts.

I would seem it varies from dead easy to “years” of misery.

There is a FB group for survivors which I will join and see how dire it’s gonna be _]

Dick