Antibiotics Action On Gabba..What Have I Done?

[cl...]

I'm feeling absolutely terrible after taking an antibiotic for a little over a week? Does anyone know what the mechanism of action antibiotics have on Gabba? Why would antibiotics coupled with an anisthetic throw me into a WAVE like this? I hear of people taking (IE) Xanax  for  a week after they were originally off for two years etc..but an antibiotic? I'm just worried I somehow undid all of my progress at eight months out?  :-\

Hello,

Certain antibiotics like pennicilins, cephalosporins, fluoroquinolones, are GABA antagonists.  Google them, you will see for yourself.  This is why antibiotics are such a trial for those in WD.  By all accounts though, you will stabilize.  Hang in there!

[f4...]

Sorry to hear you experienced a setback from the antibiotic.  It seems like antibiotics are the number 1 cause of setbacks on here.  Don't worry the setback doesn't seem to last very long.  Stay positive!

Thank you for your replies guys! I was initaly scared something like this might happen..however I had a staph infection and was quite ill as a result of such. Additionally I also had to go to the dentist three times all of which required an anesthetic.

Hello,

Certain antibiotics like pennicilins, cephalosporins, fluoroquinolones, are GABA antagonists.  Google them, you will see for yourself.  This is why antibiotics are such a trial for those in WD.  By all accounts though, you will stabilize.  Hang in there!

^^^ Yep!