Klonopin Tolerance - please help

[No...]

Hello Everyone

I am going thru a nasty divorce.  Custody battle. I have 3 children. I have been taking 1 mg of Klonopin for about 3 months. At first it worked well. Now I have built up a tolerance and my anxiety is starting to come back. I do NOT want to up my dose as I have heard all the horror stories on this site.

I was thinking if switching to natural herbs and tapering off the Klonopin or switching over to Xanax which I have taken with good results. 

What are your recommendations?  I still need to deal with this anxiety which is horrible in the AM. Should I raise the dose of Klonopin?  Go natural? Get on Xanax?   

Any help greatly appreciated.  :D

Weird. I had not finished my post and it clicked off without any reason. Computers...…

As I said I know nothing about tapers, as I was forced to go CT. But I can advise you that switching to Xanax is probably NOT a good idea. Xanax is a truly potent benzos just as Klonapin is.

My best advice to you is to design a sensible taper off Klonapin and then stick to it. In my experience, herbs and supplements did nothing at all except cost a lot of money which I could not afford to spend.

Someone on the Taper board should be able to advise you on your taper, but it wont be me.

I have been through a messy divorce and know how painful it can be. And you have children. My heart goes out to you.

east

It'd be best to start taper ASAP. 3 months is not that long. You might still have an easy taper. Getting on Xanax won't help you in terms of tapering because Xanax is a short acting benzo so you'll have interdose withdrawal to deal with.

You can try natural stuff. It helps some people. Just don't take anything that acts on GABA, otherwise you'll mess up your taper.

Unfortunately, after you develop tolerance to a benzo the only way to fix that is get off of it (taper) and wait for GABA receptors to heal.