I'm Addicted to 12mgs of Clonazepam per day!!

[Om...]

Hi!

I think this is the correct forum to post this.

I'm from Asia. I'm Addicted to 12mgs of Clonazepam per day!! I was so foolish, that I only got to know the dangers of this drug only recently, so please be kind and please don't alarm me about the unbelievable dose I'm taking, cuz I now know the huge risk of it, and already freaked out about it.

So, I've been taking Clonazepam for like 3 years in irregular doses. The doctor didn't said anything about how to go on using it. So I was taking it like candy, when ever I felt anxious, but recently I started to take Six 2mg pills per day, cuz if I drop below that does, in couple of days I get physical withdrawals. Then the doctor prescribed me with Lexapro to beat my Clonazepam addiction, which was a huge mistake I believe. It'll only add SSRI drug symptoms on top of the Clonazepam symptoms, as I learned online.

Then I read the Ashton manual, which was a great source of information. My only problem with it that it requires Diazepam to taper, and I don't want to use ANY other drug in my blood, cuz now I hate these dangerous pharma drugs, and I know people (cuz my mom was a nurse) on Diazepam who's got various problems including breathing difficulties and insomnia, so I'm afraid of valium. And to me it's too complicated regarding the dosage of Clonazepam I'm on.

Couple of days ago I started tapering 1/4th of a 2mg pill per every 2-weeks. I feel no major withdrawals (yet), just the mild and constant anxiety throughout the day -- but it's manageable.

So my question: is my tapering method safe??. I know it depends on each individual. But generally do you guys regard it's safe?

Thank you very much for reading!  :)

Welcome...

For a starting point, with how you will respond unknown, -I think thats a pretty safe starting point..

Most would atleast start at twice that... See how you go.. :)

Plenty of people taper without crossing to valium too..

Best wishes..

Welcome...

For a starting point, with how you will respond unknown, -I think thats a pretty safe starting point..

Most would atleast start at twice that... See how you go.. :)

Plenty of people taper without crossing to valium too..

Best wishes..

Thank you for the reply!

That's comforting to hear!

>Most would atleast start at twice that

You mean like a month before reducing the next dose?

>Best wishes..

Thanks  :)

(I'll reply tomorrow morning, it's bed time here. Good night!)

Probably more Common to see bigger cuts, ie. 10(ish)%  (or 1mg at that dose) every couple of weeks..

Remember Im only talking about an average starting point.. -NOT whats Right or Wrong for You...

Hell, by the end, -I was cutting 1/40th of your current cut every few months or so..  Just for an idea of how varied it can get in others Specific situations...

Just wondering...

Whats "recently"..? -How long were you on the higher consistant dose..? and..

Are these "brand" meds or "other"..?

Anyways, The main thing is that you are started on a plan that you are happy with and isnt causing exessive suffering.. You can adjust to suit your bodys response anytime.. :)

This is a "game" -for want of a better word, where the "prize" for going too fast usually isnt so nice...

But obviously we dont want to be dragging it out endlessly for no reason either... Some people can also taper somewhat faster than we find common on this site...

Your particular situation will get clearer as you proceed, and Yes, IMO Your in Safe Territory as a general start point.. -Nice to see..!! :)

Probably more Common to see bigger cuts, ie. 10(ish)%  (or 1mg at that dose) every couple of weeks..

Remember Im only talking about an average starting point.. -NOT whats Right or Wrong for You...

Hell, by the end, -I was cutting 1/40th of your current cut every few months or so..  Just for an idea of how varied it can get in others Specific situations...

Just wondering...

Whats "recently"..? -How long were you on the higher consistant dose..? and..

Are these "brand" meds or "other"..?

Anyways, The main thing is that you are started on a plan that you are happy with and isnt causing exessive suffering.. You can adjust to suit your bodys response anytime.. :)

This is a "game" -for want of a better word, where the "prize" for going too fast usually isnt so nice...

But obviously we dont want to be dragging it out endlessly for no reason either... Some people can also taper somewhat faster than we find common on this site...

Your particular situation will get clearer as you proceed, and Yes, IMO Your in Safe Territory as a general start point.. -Nice to see..!! :)

I see.

Well, my gut says 1mg tapering will give me too much withdrawals, but I'm not sure apparently. So I'm testing with 0.5mg cuts (1/4 off of a 2mg pill), per every two weeks. I'll update on that when I reach like 5 pills (from 6 pills per day).

>Whats "recently"..? -How long were you on the higher consistant dose..?

It's just around about 2 weeks. Before that, I was so uninformed, I didn't had any plan. Sometimes I took more, and some days I took none.

>Are these "brand" meds or "other"..?

They were not street drugs. I always bought 'em from a drug store. Made in India, I think. So it's branded I guess.

>The main thing is that you are started on a plan that you are happy with and isnt causing exessive suffering..

Thanks for those comforting words :)

>we dont want to be dragging it out endlessly for no reason either...

Yes, but I'm too afraid to taper too quickly, cuz I'm super spooked by benzo horror stories!

>Your particular situation will get clearer as you proceed

Yes, that's my idea, too.

> IMO Your in Safe Territory as a general start point..

I'm soo glad to hear that!

So Thanks a bunch again, for the help, my friend  :)

Thanks for confirming those details..

Yes, see how the first 2mg go, and "tweek" it from there, -if you feel the need, or want to..

:)

Thanks for confirming those details..

Yes, see how the first 2mg go, and "tweek" it from there, -if you feel the need, or want to..

:)

Thank you buddy :)

I'll do an update after I get off of one 2mg pill.

Good luck.  You can definitely do this!  I was taking up to 8mg a day (K), when I started to taper.  I cut 10% all the way down to zero (with ten day holds), using a  gram scale to weigh powder.  When you get to that point, people on "taper support" will help you figure it out.  WR

Hi!

I think this is the correct forum to post this.

I'm from Asia. I'm Addicted to 12mgs of Clonazepam per day!! I was so foolish, that I only got to know the dangers of this drug only recently, so please be kind and please don't alarm me about the unbelievable dose I'm taking, cuz I now know the huge risk of it, and already freaked out about it.

So, I've been taking Clonazepam for like 3 years in irregular doses. The doctor didn't said anything about how to go on using it. So I was taking it like candy, when ever I felt anxious, but recently I started to take Six 2mg pills per day, cuz if I drop below that does, in couple of days I get physical withdrawals. Then the doctor prescribed me with Lexapro to beat my Clonazepam addiction, which was a huge mistake I believe. It'll only add SSRI drug symptoms on top of the Clonazepam symptoms, as I learned online.

Then I read the Ashton manual, which was a great source of information. My only problem with it that it requires Diazepam to taper, and I don't want to use ANY other drug in my blood, cuz now I hate these dangerous pharma drugs, and I know people (cuz my mom was a nurse) on Diazepam who's got various problems including breathing difficulties and insomnia, so I'm afraid of valium. And to me it's too complicated regarding the dosage of Clonazepam I'm on.

Couple of days ago I started tapering 1/4th of a 2mg pill per every 2-weeks. I feel no major withdrawals (yet), just the mild and constant anxiety throughout the day -- but it's manageable.

So my question: is my tapering method safe??. I know it depends on each individual. But generally do you guys regard it's safe?

Thank you very much for reading!  :)

I got to a very large dose of Klonopin. This is my second attempt to quit K. My first time i was just on 3mg. I got off, but my shrink cut me too fast and my withdraw symptoms sent me to the hospital 3 times. I was reinstated to 3mg (this was about 9 years ago) Fast forward and a different shirnk...I was having more and more anxiety. That shinks solution? Put me on 5mg of K a day! Then fast forward two years, the 5mg of K was not helping. He wanted to increase me to 6mg daily. I wanted OFF and a new shrink.

I got a new shrink. I have been working with him since February this year. The first two cuts were a full 1mg. I had very, very mild withdraws. The first 7 days were hell and then I gave myself about a month or so to recover after the first taper. The second taper, still very mild withdraws and The shrink is giving my body 4 months to hold.

I'm now at 3mg daily and will taper in July. I'm not sure how much of a cut though.

I'd say you're doing well. I say, see how you feel. At 12mg a day you will still be getting enough K in your body that you possibly could make larger cuts like I did. BUT everyone is different and I say STAY SAFE with this junk!!

I too am not switching to Valium. I am not adding anything else to my system!!

Good luck, I hope you keep posting your progress! And CONGRATS to making the decision to get off This Poison!

Fresh

• 2 months later...

Hi all!

Sorry for digging up this bit old thread, but I thought to update now (cuz I wasn't sure of trying to update prematurely).

Thanks to all who replied to my original post!, I love you guys.

So, I've decided to taper even more slowly as I've first claimed, cuz it felt too much a cut for my body. By now I'm down to Three 2mg pills per day (from 6 pills). No major issues, for goodness sake! I think I'll be free of it by tapering this way without changing my course. Fingers crossed.

So that's my quick update. I'll see you guys with my next update. And also I hope my post will be a support for any other person who's in my position, who's trying to beat the Benzo daemon.

Thanks again  :)

I got to a very large dose of Klonopin. This is my second attempt to quit K. My first time i was just on 3mg. I got off, but my shrink cut me too fast and my withdraw symptoms sent me to the hospital 3 times. I was reinstated to 3mg (this was about 9 years ago) Fast forward and a different shirnk...I was having more and more anxiety. That shinks solution? Put me on 5mg of K a day! Then fast forward two years, the 5mg of K was not helping. He wanted to increase me to 6mg daily. I wanted OFF and a new shrink.

I got a new shrink. I have been working with him since February this year. The first two cuts were a full 1mg. I had very, very mild withdraws. The first 7 days were hell and then I gave myself about a month or so to recover after the first taper. The second taper, still very mild withdraws and The shrink is giving my body 4 months to hold.

I'm now at 3mg daily and will taper in July. I'm not sure how much of a cut though.

I'd say you're doing well. I say, see how you feel. At 12mg a day you will still be getting enough K in your body that you possibly could make larger cuts like I did. BUT everyone is different and I say STAY SAFE with this junk!!

I too am not switching to Valium. I am not adding anything else to my system!!

Good luck, I hope you keep posting your progress! And CONGRATS to making the decision to get off This Poison!

Fresh

Thanks for the input! The experience you've shared and your supportive words are reassuring. Wish you too a fast recovery.  :) I have still to taper off 6mgs. Hope it'll go relatively smoothly as I've tapered off the initial ~6mgs. And you are definitely correct, these are not medicine, these are poison.

TC!

Good luck.  You can definitely do this!  I was taking up to 8mg a day (K), when I started to taper.  I cut 10% all the way down to zero (with ten day holds), using a  gram scale to weigh powder.  When you get to that point, people on "taper support" will help you figure it out.  WR

Thanks for the supportive words, and congratz for getting rid of it totally!  :)

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]