C&H taper from 4mg diazepam (starting reduction was 10mg)

[st...]

Hi new sorry got a couple of questions on how to preserve summer not feeling to rubbish and getting off diazepam or just down to 2mg where id Be comfortable driving again.

So the last reduction I’ve made today from 4 - 3 is 25% (I’ll know how I feel roughly in 4—5days)and my next will be 3 - 2 is 33.3%

2-1 50%1- 0.5 50% 0.5 -0 100%

2-3 week intervals following Ashton guide

Are my dose reductions to steep in percentages, What’s the general consensus with reduction anything above 12% = wd symptoms? Is the hardest part at 2mg onwards?

I have been on diazepam one and half year with a failed attempt in Dec jumping off at 2mgs after tapering from 6mg 1mg a week was too fast and then stopping at 2mg was plain stupid..Lasted 3 week off and caved due to severity of depression if I could of done another month I might have made it out somewhat. I’m familiar with wd symptoms I get now (having rushed) what’s manageable and what’s not. Not having Major problems as of yet tapering to here from 10. 1mg per 2week.

I can do anxiety, insomnia (mild wd) muscle spasm’s in the back, shakes and stiffness feeling off it, sweats hot and cold chills, runny nose panic attacks, dizziness (mild/moderate wd) I can’t do suicidal depression, derealisation sensitivity to light, severe restlessness full on flu (heading into severe symptoms) never had a seizure and don’t want to either. So I’m ok reducing with some moderate discomfort as to no symptoms completely but not to the extent where I cannot function at all. 

I don’t want to be feeling rubbish for months after the last dose or be tapering well into next year.

Any advise much appreciated I can probably get liquid script once at 2mgs. C&H is most convenient for me.

Thanks

I have done C and H on and off for 50 years, it’s ok if you can cope with days 4-6 and often 10 onwards.

I think 33. % is crazy though I admit I have done it. When anxious coming off you aren’t safe driving.

Only you know your body.

Why not aim a little lower? 10% a week isn’t the end of the world and better for your brain.

If you have to reinstate it will scupper your plans.

Dick

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for reply I’d forgot i’d posted here, so 17 days on I’m 4 days at 2mg now so going to see how next 10days are. I may go 0.5 reductions from here on haven’t decided yet. Or it will be down to 1mg which will be rough and wait and see. Any ideas how to split the tables exactly, Pill clutter breaks them

Unevenly so have been using good old kitchen knife but again it’s not always exact. I don’t know how I’m going to quarter them.

Thanks for reply I’d forgot i’d posted here, so 17 days on I’m 4 days at 2mg now so going to see how next 10days are. I may go 0.5 reductions from here on haven’t decided yet. Or it will be down to 1mg which will be rough and wait and see. Any ideas how to split the tables exactly, Pill clutter breaks them

Unevenly so have been using good old kitchen knife but again it’s not always exact. I don’t know how I’m going to quarter them.

With diazepam, you can do .5mg cuts using the alternating day method.  2mg, 1mg, 2mg, 1mg... etc.  That;s how I went rom 15mg down to 9mg when I was doing C&H.

(But DLMT is so much easier!  ::) )