insomia 10 months out

[53...]

so i am 10 months out from 3mg of klonopin .5 months out from 10 mg ambien , and 150mg zoloft  witch i finished up sunday .all these medications were done in the past year .i cannot get a wink of sleep .

Wow, great job getting off all three medications! I'm sure it really stinks not getting any sleep, but also seem pretty much in the realm of normal considering everything you have come off of in the past year, two of which were very recently. Hang in there, it WILL eventually get better. Do everything you can otherwise to relax and calm yourself. Tons of ideas on this site, you gotta try a bunch of different things and eventually find what works.

5-dog,

I understand how totally devastating insomnia with this kind of sleep deprivation can be. It can be difficult to keep in mind that for a certain percentage of folks coming off of benzos and other psychotropics, this is *normal.* It gets better. Just keep reminding yourself this will pass, exercise if you can, and develop some relaxation program to cope (meditation, visualization, etc.). I found it helpful to try to stay as engaged in life as I could manage but gave myself more down time. Your brain and body will naturally slow down but you don't have to stop. Hang in there!

mt-fan when was the last time to took meds ,you did a nice job getting off all that stuff good for you.

good job finishing three tapers.

You are a strong person who was able to get off those medications so that means you are a strong person who will make it thru this insomnia.

Sorry I believe the worst sxs is insomnia.  It leads to so many other sxs and other problems.  I just listened to the body scan meditation tape at the top of this forum and it is very relaxing.  Maybe you should try this tonight.  If not once but several times tonight.  It might not put you completely to sleep but it will help you rest. 

I have suffered from insomnia for most of my adult life with/without medication.  Last night was the first night for as long as I can remember (years) that I got 6 hours (split in two three hour blocks) of solid sleep.  I was on BB around nine and my eyes felt so heavy; put my laptop down.  Next thing I know it is 3 hours later.  Woke up stayed up for an hour and feel asleep for another three solid hours.  I felt so blessed.  First thought was anger; why can't I sleep like this every night and then I quickly turned that negative thought around and felt thankful for the wonderful night of sleep with hopes having more in the future but not setting up any expectations.

Since the moment I realized that going off of K was the right decision for me: my biggest worry has been the insomnia.  How will I handle less sleep since I already struggle with insomnia?  And, how many years (including the taper) will it take to right the ship?  I'm sure since you are on this forum this has been one of your biggest concerns. 

I'm sure when sleep eludes me a 3am I can log on and this thread will be active with other insomniacts.  Hope you get some relieve tonight even if it is a little.  I'll take anything I can get any night of the week big or small.

Miss Bella

mt-fan when was the last time to took meds ,you did a nice job getting off all that stuff good for you.

I tapered off the last drug (amitriptyline) in the fall of 2016. It was scary to lose that chance of sleep every other night when I took it. That's when I would go many days (as long as 2 weeks) with no awareness of sleep. This went on for months until I started getting 2 hours most nights. I thought I would go crazy and constantly worried that my brain had lost the capacity to sleep on its own after so many years on drugs without one single night with natural sleep (29 years total). I tried to believe what I was told on BB that sleep would eventually returned I finally found it was true.