Xanax withdrawal: 'I was fighting for my life'

[Ms...]

The only qualm I have about this is that the reporter says at the end, regarding tapering, "under close supervision." We all know that doctors generally go for the fast approach unless they leave it entirely up to the patient. So that's got to be cleaned up.

But thank you for this! The word is spreading!

P.S. So sad about the loss of this man's life and the jail system. That could have been avoided, and I hope they're sued big time. Hopefully it'll teach them something.

The only qualm I have about this is that the reporter says at the end, regarding tapering, "under close supervision." We all know that doctors generally go for the fast approach unless they leave it entirely up to the patient. So that's got to be cleaned up.

But thank you for this! The word is spreading!

P.S. So sad about the loss of this man's life and the jail system. That could have been avoided, and I hope they're sued big time. Hopefully it'll teach them something.

The jail death is devastating. Those REALLY bother me. I found out the NP who told me I could CT 4mg of Ativan now works in a jail. Terrifying. I think they have to do the doctor disclaimer stuff to not get sued. The story made it clear it was the internet that helped her.

Oh, what a sad state of affairs that your NP told you that you could CT 4 mg. of Ativan. What the hell was she thinking??? To know that there are people out there like her giving advice is absolutely frightening. And now she works at a jail? So, so sad...

Thanks for this.  Maybe I can show this to family to help with their understanding.  I C/T'd off of K in 6 days under so called medical supervision at a detox.  So many of us did.  The medical community has got to come to terms with the numbers of lives they have devastated. The ignorance continues with new people starting benzos everyday.  It's gotta stop!  Sue the hell out of the jail.  The loss of this man's life is heart wrenching.