Having a chocolate induced wave. I'm falling apart.

[Ma...]

I was doing so well. Bought some Lily's chocolate, cause I thought sugar was causing a gas problem. Seems chocolate is a trigger food for me. Oh boy, is chocolate a trigger food. My husband isn't home yet, and I just want to curl up in a corner and scream. I can't seem to pull my head out of my ass and straighten up. Oy. Brain is fritzing out. I love chocolate. This is a horror I wasn't expecting.

Well, that didn't last very long, thankfully. Had something to eat, and it straightened out enough for me to function. Thought my brain was going to leak out of my ears. So many of you have waves that last for days, and I was terrified that might be the case here.

Yikes! So sorry you went through that. So much of this stuff comes as a huge shock to us. I never had any sort of reactions to food, but I also know it can happen. Chocolate does contain a mild stimulant. That first year off benzos I ate bags of mint patties, covered in chocolate. It was the ONLY food I was not scared of. LOL! Glad I did not react as you did.

I have to admit something. I ate so many of those bags of candy I started driving to a new store every few days to get more, like an alcoholic who buys his liquor at new stores to hide his addiction. No kidding. I really did that.

Benzo brain....is truly weird.

Benzo brain IS weird. I'm finding that if I don't take my vitamin supplements everyday, I eat like a total hog at night, and can't seem to get full. Last night I had a venison steak, 2 corn-on-the-cob, a large salad, three big zucchinis, a bowl of oatmeal, and a couple handfuls of raw almonds dipped in honey. And I STILL could have eaten more. I never eat like that. Honey doesn't bother my guts, but sucrose does (oodles of gas). Make up my mind, brain.

I'm a petite person. I'm surprised my stomach didn't explode.

I really did LOL reading this, Maya. You GO girl! Most people LOSE weight while on benzos and in WD. I know I sure did. Because I had major weight loss surgery many years ago, I can no longer eat much at one sitting. I have to graze all day and because I do work, maintaining a normal weight (not underweight) has been a challenge. But I did feel hungry reading your list of foods!

I too am petite. 5'3' and currently weigh 114. Too thin but better than I was when I went CT off all those drugs in 2012. It is very strange to now WANT go gain weight, where all of my life I always wanted to LOSE weight (and failed miserably.)

Benzo brain IS weird and hard to describe. Strange, disconcerting thoughts and feelings arrive without warning. Your mind may twist around and create even MORE anxiety and fear, despite your knowing everything IS okay. You may feel weird, see weird, smell weird, etc etc. But this is all normal and eventually does fade away. Just don't give up and KEEP ON EATING THAT GREAT STUFF!

east

I am craving sweets so badly that I could just lose my mind. Normally, I don't eat much in the way of sweets at all. Near as I can gather, my dopamine levels must be really low. I've looked around on the internet for foods/supplements to fix this AND I AM ALREADY EATING THOSE FOODS REGULARLY, AND TAKING THE SUPPLEMENTS AS WELL! Damn benzo brain. *grumble* I do believe I could scarf down a whole bowl of honey right now, but I'm trying not to. I'd kill for a gallon of plant based ice cream (I don't do dairy, pick a plant, not picky, soy, almond, coconut, rice, I DON'T CARE) right now too. Unfortunately, the nearest store that sells it is about an hour away.

I gotta get more exercise.

Go for it Maya..You are truly blessed with a killer appetite.  I am small too with a small hunger.  Hate it.  Used to eat a lot without worry and always weighed around 115-120.  Struggle to keep at 110lbs.  Somebody is doing some serious cooking at your house.  I know that would help around here.  For some reason, chocolate doesn't bother me.  I eat the real stuff with 60% cocoa everyday.  Going to get those choc mints East was talking about.  Keep eating!

Yes, what a shocking news when you discover that chocolate is a trigger. Same here! I ate half a bag of Lindt easter mini eggs at Easter and next day I felt total awful...that`s when I knew chocolate is a problem...if I eat just a little , it doesn`t help, but 50 gr brings the waves out unfortunately...for me. If I have cravings I try to eat some biscuits....

I am craving sweets so badly that I could just lose my mind. Normally, I don't eat much in the way of sweets at all. Near as I can gather, my dopamine levels must be really low. I've looked around on the internet for foods/supplements to fix this AND I AM ALREADY EATING THOSE FOODS REGULARLY, AND TAKING THE SUPPLEMENTS AS WELL! Damn benzo brain. *grumble* I do believe I could scarf down a whole bowl of honey right now, but I'm trying not to. I'd kill for a gallon of plant based ice cream (I don't do dairy, pick a plant, not picky, soy, almond, coconut, rice, I DON'T CARE) right now too. Unfortunately, the nearest store that sells it is about an hour away.

I gotta get more exercise.

This happened to me in the beginning of the WD, craving sweets like hell! I was eating sooo much cookies you cannot imagine, one box a day...and I do have the results..have to go on a diet now...put on a lot of weight...and I too, having days when I am continuosly hubgry...eating like a pig...lol

I got some Reese's chips and carob chips at the store, so I didn't end up staring at my husband, who's sitting across from me, scarfing down chocolate chips. Carob chips just aren't the same, but there's no caffeine. Also found some "Wonder Cocoa", which is fat free and only 99.7% caffeine free. But I forgot to buy my plant-based ice cream. Just damn.

Glad chocolate did not trigger me because that first year off benzos I subsisted only on Yorks Peppermint Patties. LOL! I downed  'em by the bagful and even went to different stores to buy more bags as I didn't want to be seen as some weird choclolate junkie!

I was so crazy that first year. I do have to laugh about it just a bit now. Its a wonder I survived.

I am craving right now too...(period time, this time always get worse)...could eat a whole box of cookies lol...

• 4 weeks later...
If I didn't have diabetes I'd be right there with You all I usually eat is chicken going to try a hamburger for 4th of July