Involuntary CT withdrawal from 1 mg Ativan/day

[Ho...]

For reasons that I do not care to elaborate on, I am withdrawing cold turkey from Ativan at a dose of 1 mg/day. I am experiencing moderate to severe anxiety (I have a GAD diagnosis), sweating (I also suffer from hyperhidrosis, but the withdrawal is making it worse), and painful muscle spasms in my left flank. I am wondering if the withdrawal will go into remission by itself.

[cc...]

Hello, HopeSunset — welcome to BenzoBuddies, and congratulations on being benzo-free!

It can take a while, but the unpleasant symptoms of withdrawal do ease up over time. I also cold-turkeyed from Ativan, and I’m doing so much better now. :thumbsup:

I'm glad that you decided to join the forum. Our members have gone through benzodiazepine use and withdrawal themselves, so you'll find plenty of information and support here.

The following links should be a good starting place for you to post your questions:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Cold Turkey

Please take a moment to Create a Signature — you can enter your pertinent drug and taper history in the box at the bottom. This will allow members to see where you are in the process, so that they can better support you.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum!

Leslie  :smitten:

The Ashton Manual provides information that can be useful during any stage of withdrawal and recovery, and includes a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations.

• 2 weeks later...