does gabapentin help??

[go...]

i m 12 months off klonopin,still having a lot of symptoms,does gabapentin reduce the symptoms or does it affect healing?

I would humbly suggest other means if at all possible..

Maybe check threads and support group by that med name...

Sorry... :(

I was fine on Gabapentin it was NOTHING like benzo WD. I was on it 2 years and came off 17 months after my last benzo and suffered

for 4 weeks. That's about it.

From my own personal experience, my advice is to stay away from gabapentin.  I was put on 1200 mg/day while in rehab to help stabilize me through a klonopin detox.  For the first two years, I was too unstable from the klonopin detox to even consider tapering the gabapentin.  During that time my body had developed a dependency on it.  Now, four years post detox, I've been I've been slowly tapering the gabapentin for two years. I'm now down to 500 mg /dev.  Unfortunately, since my daily dosage is much lower, I have to taper at a much slower rate.  The withdrawals aren't as bad as the klonopin withdrawals but they are still very unpleasant.  I work and so have to stay stable otherwise I'd do a fast taper and take my chances.  If benzos are from the pit of hell, gabapentin is definitely from one of the lower levels, lol.  If I had known how nasty this drug is I would have declined taking it in detox.

From my own personal experience, my advice is to stay away from gabapentin.  I was put on 1200 mg/day while in rehab to help stabilize me through a klonopin detox.  For the first two years, I was too unstable from the klonopin detox to even consider tapering the gabapentin.  During that time my body had developed a dependency on it.  Now, four years post detox, I've been I've been slowly tapering the gabapentin for two years. I'm now down to 500 mg /dev.  Unfortunately, since my daily dosage is much lower, I have to taper at a much slower rate.  The withdrawals aren't as bad as the klonopin withdrawals but they are still very unpleasant.  I work and so have to stay stable otherwise I'd do a fast taper and take my chances.  If benzos are from the pit of hell, gabapentin is definitely from one of the lower levels, lol.  If I had known how nasty this drug is I would have declined taking it in detox.

It was not pleasant, plus I did not have to work or function back then. When I was put on it I was in acute akathisia from detoxing 30 plus milligrams of valium in 4 days for the 2nd time. If I did not have the Gabapentin I would not have made it. Later on when I tapered it, I got off in 3 months and It was not fun but I cant remember wanting to run to the ER like a benzo.

Anytime people ask me about it, I always say, If you can function then its better to take nothing, however If you have acute akathisia and you are not making it and also have to remain employed or take care of kids, I say do what stabilizes you at the moment.

It got me off and also I healed while on it. Actually I healed quicker on it in 2012 than I am healing now with no meds.

I took pregabalin everyday 2 weeks, with 2 days pause 2 times in between. I got mild comdown, i felt cold, trapped in my bed, and socially anxious for 3 days! Bad idea to use Pregabalin more than 4 days! Gabapentin is a child of Pregabalin. I do have to say 600mg Pregabalin helped my social anxiety etc, but did nothing for my deppression, or anhedonia. It was a waste, it didn't give me any energy like from working out. Even kratom was better for social anxiety. I recommend Niacin 250-500mg or 3000mg if you're ready, i loved it much better than Pregabalin, though it doesn't last that long. It kick starts you to get out of the house, much better energy than caffeine, and deppression/anxiety/anhedonia lifts majorly! But watch out to not take more than 500mg first time, and take it right after food, you will flush, it's normal to be red. Don't overdo it first times.

If Gabapentin works for you take it on alternate days, and watch out for the addiction. Take pauses, and monitor how you feel on off days, and before gabapentin. It shouldn't be that addictive i've heard. if you're feeling some increased social anxiety depression, sadness, and cold, shaky, or sweaty. Quit!!

I took pregabalin everyday 2 weeks, with 2 days pause 2 times in between. I got mild comdown, i felt cold, trapped in my bed, and socially anxious for 3 days! Bad idea to use Pregabalin more than 4 days! Gabapentin is a child of Pregabalin. I do have to say 600mg Pregabalin helped my social anxiety etc, but did nothing for my deppression, or anhedonia. It was a waste, it didn't give me any energy like from working out. Even kratom was better for social anxiety. I recommend Niacin 250-500mg or 3000mg if you're ready, i loved it much better than Pregabalin, though it doesn't last that long. It kick starts you to get out of the house, much better energy than caffeine, and deppression/anxiety/anhedonia lifts majorly! But watch out to not take more than 500mg first time, and take it right after food, you will flush, it's normal to be red. Don't overdo it first times.

If Gabapentin works for you take it on alternate days, and watch out for the addiction. Take pauses, and monitor how you feel on off days, and before gabapentin. It shouldn't be that addictive i've heard. if you're feeling some increased social anxiety depression, sadness, and cold, shaky, or sweaty. Quit!!

If you are at a point where you are able to go to a gym, I would suggest zero meds. I was put on GABA after 4 day detox and being up for 4 days and pacing with akathisia. My heart rate was at 160bpm and I was screaming at the rehab. I feel this is appropriate for prescribing meds.

If you can even leave the house and drive a car, id say push through.

I can go to the gym, but not always, because my sleep schedule gets messed up every week, and i end up only working out twice a week. Leaving the house is a problem as well, but if i have to, i do it. I visit friends, and other family members rarely, mostly avoid it, because i feel i look shit, and have no sense to talk. Even though everyone says they really like me....doesn't convince me. I think this is mostly from underlying anxiety issues exaggerated to a twisted point by the benzo withdrawal. Making me to not take that much action in daily life, then not receiving normal human stimuli as one should, and being left out in depression by myself. I know the reasons, and the solutions, but still can't get rid of it. So i'm stuck in a weird place, and the health service in this country i live in are NUMB. Only thing i can do is to repair my sleep schedule, push myself more to gym, and visit friends more often. But that i cannot do, i have been trying it for 2 years, even on benzos' i didn't do it.