Diazepam help.

[Ex...]

Hi welcome

Slowly please 10% cut each two weeks

A moderator will be along and give you some links.

You will need some 2mg pills if possible.

Your first reduction should be to 4 and a half milligrams and hold that for two weeks while you find your way around the site. Later you may need to make a liquid so that’s all on here too!!!

Go to the Ashton manual and read it carefully, then you will realise why we all need help and patience.

Good luck with it ... you are not alone. Please fill in the signature of your profile, then we know how to chip in!

Dick

How do I get off 5mg Valium please.

The easiest, most gentle way to taper is a daily microtaper, using liquid (DLMT)

Your doc can give you a scrip for Diazepam Oral Solution, or you can liquify your tablets with a common solvent (vodka or propylene glycol) and dilute that with water.

I’m in A similar position but I have underlying depression/anxiety and issues prior to taking Valium just moved down to 3mgs today from 4mg needing advise at the lower doses going 1mg every two to three week. failed the taper after taking 6mg all last year. I  rushed the last part last year rather than listening to my body I was hit hard with crippling depression and was put on antidepressants but without brakes, my brain being excitable from the Valium debt. The SSRI caused severe restlessness and I ended up on 10mgs and have spent the last 5 month getting back down. I’m just going to listen to my body this time and not push through unbearable. I find splitting the 2mg tablets easy enough, the physical discomfort and insomnia was manageable it’s my mood crashes hard. I’m worried about he same happening again. Anyone suffer serious depression in the weeks after stopping?

Cheers