Must see discussion between two doctors who "get it"

[Fl...]

Lately I have been digging deeper into the keto/carnivore diet discussion and in the process I have come across a few doctors who are skeptical of drugs and big pharma and are interested in actually healing patients rather than just masking symptoms by drugging them out of their gourds. 

Very interesting discussion about the root cause of depression, anxiety, ocd, bipolar etc. @ 26:10.

Be sure to check out both of these doctor's youtube channels. Lots of great stuff.

Thanks Florida

I watched and the idea of inflammation it interesting to me.

I've recently been diagnoses with celiac disease, may have had it all my life or maybe triggered by benzos, so I'm thinking I'm susceptible to autoimmune/inflammation issues.

I'll try the first few steps and see what happens  :thumbsup:

Thanks Florida

I watched and the idea of inflammation it interesting to me.

I've recently been diagnoses with celiac disease, may have had it all my life or maybe triggered by benzos, so I'm thinking I'm susceptible to autoimmune/inflammation issues.

I'll try the first few steps and see what happens  :thumbsup:

I think most of us here know that the entire system is very, very broken but there are many pieces to this puzzle and the more I study this the more I believe that most of the chronic physical illnesses and mental problems we see with people begin with our modern diet and much of this can be reversed by eating the proper foods.

This all really strikes a chord with me having been through this benzo experience. I have known all along that the problems go deeper than the benzo issue but I haven't had the presence of mind to really dig into the other lies "they" have been feeding us. Seeing smart people talk about other topics such as diet (that very well may be the key to many of the problems we face today) it all starts to make sense and when these smart doctors start diving into topics such as anxiety and depression that most of us here are familiar with I am starting to understand that we aren't the only victims and we aren't the only ones who are making noise about important health issues that the mainstream isn't paying attention to.

Ever since getting out of acute, I knew that most (if not all) of my symptoms start in my stomach and are worsened by food. The pain all over my body, the nausea and the exhaustion. I feel best when not eating, but of course I can't maintain that unless I was hooked up to an IV drip.

Also, it's ALWAYS some random food that triggers a rush of my symptoms and sets me back (usually canned or bottled foods like sauces).

Benzo damage MUST have something to do with our guts!

I know my gut is destroyed too, as I've also gotten celiac disease since coming off benzos.

Must be a connection ...  :thumbsup:

Ever since getting out of acute, I knew that most (if not all) of my symptoms start in my stomach and are worsened by food. The pain all over my body, the nausea and the exhaustion. I feel best when not eating, but of course I can't maintain that unless I was hooked up to an IV drip.

Absolutely, 100% look into intermittent fasting and keto/carnivore.

Our bodies experience a fundamental shift when we switch from burning carbs to fats and when we stop eating every few hours like most people do. Getting off of the carb roller coaster stabilizes your blood sugar so you no longer experience those highs and lows you get when your body is burning carbs for fuel and there is a lot of evidence coming out now that intermittent fasting provides huge benefits. Even just condensing your food intake into 8 hours per day is enough to see results.

My guess is that it might not be so much the individual foods themselves but the overall metabolic state these foods put us in that cause us problems.

I love these 2 doctors. If only all doctors were of this more mindset. My mother used to talk about inflammation and I oh so get it now. Thanks for the great link!

I love these 2 doctors. If only all doctors were of this more mindset. My mother used to talk about inflammation and I oh so get it now. Thanks for the great link!

If all doctors were like this most of us wouldn't be here. Hell, if all doctors were like this there wouldn't be that many doctors because people wouldn't need them.