Slow Klonopin Tapers - Alternatives to DLMT

[Mo...]

So last week, I had some head buzzing sensations upon waking and I did not make the correlation until last night that it was AFTER I had dissolved my K in water for 3 doses and drank (no cuts - I was just testing).  I quit doing that and the head buzzing stopped.  So that leaves me with possible concerns that I may not be able to handle DLMT, which makes me sad/scared.  Won't know for sure until I try again but I have a VERY sensitive metabolism and nervous system.  I wonder if the dissolved solution hit my system too quickly.  I just don't know.

I searched last night and saw that there were others who did not do well with DLMT either - that their systems couldn't handle either so I know I'm not alone.

Can anyone guide me in other ways to do a slow microtaper without using liquid?  Paul was kind enough to share his website and that may be an option but I'm a little concerned about adding fillers and getting heartburn.  My stomach/esophagus is always sensitive to stuff in capsule form.  Does anyone file down their pills and use a scale?  Does this work? Or have another method that they have found work? Im already having a lot of tolerance wd symptoms (agitation, tremors, brain fog, dizziness, morning akathesia, etc). 

So last week, I had some head buzzing sensations upon waking and I did not make the correlation until last night that it was AFTER I had dissolved my K in water for 3 doses and drank (no cuts - I was just testing).  I quit doing that and the head buzzing stopped.  So that leaves me with possible concerns that I may not be able to handle DLMT, which makes me sad/scared.  Won't know for sure until I try again but I have a VERY sensitive metabolism and nervous system.  I wonder if the dissolved solution hit my system too quickly.  I just don't know.

I searched last night and saw that there were others who did not do well with DLMT either - that their systems couldn't handle either so I know I'm not alone.

Can anyone guide me in other ways to do a slow microtaper without using liquid?  Paul was kind enough to share his website and that may be an option but I'm a little concerned about adding fillers and getting heartburn.  My stomach/esophagus is always sensitive to stuff in capsule form.  Does anyone file down their pills and use a scale?  Does this work? Or have another method that they have found work? Im already having a lot of tolerance wd symptoms (agitation, tremors, brain fog, dizziness, morning akathesia, etc).

You didn't have a dissolved solution.  Common benzos are NOT water-soluble. 

You have no way of knowing how much K you actually ingested, and its a near-certainty that it was a lot less then the dose you were expecting.

When you liquify your benzo in a proper solution (starting with a proven solvent), there will be no difference in the way it's metabolized.

Thanks builder.  I also tried experimenting with the water for my sertraline ...  all day yesterday I felt dizzy. I’ve ordered some propylene glycol to see if that works better.

Builder, thanks for input......if I only dissolved it in water and drank all the water, and even rinsed out the cup a couple of times and drank that, how could I not have ingested the same amount?  I'm not up on this so maybe somehow I'm missing something.  I'm going to try again with Vodka/water as you suggested but just trying to let things settle a bit more first.

You'll be surprised at what a very small amount of vodka dissolves the benzo. I didn't think it was a large amount, but when I actually started mixing for DLMT I was surprised at how little alcohol was needed.

Builder, thanks for input......if I only dissolved it in water and drank all the water, and even rinsed out the cup a couple of times and drank that, how could I not have ingested the same amount?  I'm not up on this so maybe somehow I'm missing something.  I'm going to try again with Vodka/water as you suggested but just trying to let things settle a bit more first.

Well, yes, you probably did get the full dose.

But, the K was NOT dissolved, or changed in any way, so what you did was really no different than swallowing the tablets, followed by a glass of water.

Yes, either vodka (80 proof or higher) or propylene glycol will work just fine.  Use 2ml of solvent for each mg of K.

There was a time last summer where I was trying to taper by taking 6 mg of valium in pill form and crush 1 mg of valium and mix it with 60 ml of water.  My plan was to reduce the valium mixed with water by 1 ml per day.  The crushed Valium mixed with water nausiated me even when I got down to 30 ML.  It was like drinking chalk mixed with water.

Standard disclaimer--that was just me, it might work for some people.

After reading posts here, I think dissolving the pill in vodka and then adding water is a better option.  You may want to do it with just part of your dose, amd it may take you a few days or even a week to adjust.  But being able to microtaper makes things so much easier and more bearable.

There was a time last summer where I was trying to taper by taking 6 mg of valium in pill form and crush 1 mg of valium and mix it with 60 ml of water.  My plan was to reduce the valium mixed with water by 1 ml per day.  The crushed Valium mixed with water nausiated me even when I got down to 30 ML.  It was like drinking chalk mixed with water.

After reading posts here, I think dissolving the pill in vodka and then adding water is a better option.  You may want to do it with just part of your dose, amd it may take you a few days or even a week to adjust.  But being able to microtaper makes things so much easier and more bearable.

Thank you. I think I'm going to try this. Maybe take half in a tablet form and the other half in liquid. Need to experiment!

Momof7babes,

I have been doing a daily liquid micro taper using liquid valium/diazepam. I take  a combination of pills and liquid valium and use the liquid part to taper.

Now I am taking one 2 mg valium pill per day and about 1.4 mg of diluted liquid valium.

It won't.

It won't.

I recently attempted to taper Sertraline using water only ... within the first 3 days, I started to get symptoms which I thought was odd bc I decreased by such a teeny tiny amount. I had to reinstate. I'm going to try again using PG or alcohol. (or maybe I'm not recovered enough from BWD to try this?? Who knows ...)

Anytime someone wants to liquid taper a drug that does not have a Rx liquid form, they need to determine what solvents will dissolve that drug.  Some drugs ARE water-soluble.

But the key to a workable liquid taper is the drug must be in a uniformly-distributed solution.  It must start with an appropriate solvent.

It won't.

Builder, you are right.  I have no idea why I said that crushing a pill that is not water soluble to powder and adding water might work for *some* people.