Hoping for help

[Ho...]

Been on Klonopin for 20 yrs but rarely took it, maybe 1/4 - 1/2 .5mg tabs a month. But last 4 months had major depressive episode and prescribed 1/2 tab twice a day.

I have been in extreme angst and depression daily during the past 4 months and am now convinced the problem is the Klonopin. I am on Prozac 40mg.

Looking to find how to get out of this nightmare! Been suffering too long. Thank you!

zDFSObb.png

Hello Hopelives!

We are very glad that you found us!

Sorry to hear that you have been suffering for so long. Unfortunately benzo's are notorious for contributing to depression and anxiety pre-existing or not. These conditions can happen when one take benzo longer than recommended by the manufacturers (2-4 weeks max) Many folks have found that doing a symptom based taper reducing 5-10% every 10-14 days produces minimal, tolerable symptoms where one can remain functional day to day. I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery.  You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to be benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history by creating a signature:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's

Boards:

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days 

Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk 

You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video

Other Tutorials:

• 3 weeks later...
Hello and welcome to the group! congratulations I wanted to taper off of these awful medications. Educating yourself I found was very important for me to my journey so please follow links that the moderators have love for you very good information. Hang in there and stay strong you can do this!