REM rebound. Sleep apnea worse

[...]

83 days off v.  Nonstop REM with constant intense dreams. They usually involve a lot of movement which wakes me up repeatedly throughout the night.  It’s screwing with my sleep apnea and leaving me more exhausted than ever. My apnea scores are up.

The APAP machine isn’t catching the many REM apneas I’m having, which cause my throat and tongue to go slack and impair my breathing further.

I’m getting a mandibular advancement device for sleep apnea through my dentist in order to keep my narrow throat airway open. It’ll be weeks before I have it. I’m getting a drug store moldable dental mouth guard in hopes of it helping keep my airway open throughout REM until I get the custom-made dental device.

I think that REM rebound may have a lot to do with post-withdrawal fatigue, and why the low-dose cuts at the end of taper affect us so badly.

For what I understand those REM is an adjustment that our bodies makes from lack of sleep; so while its trying to heal and has any chance to sleep, it will; sort of to make up for the sleep deprivation.  It is as though it skips the first phases right to REM. I went through a phase with it; as long as I don't have nightmares, I am okay with them. I take it that I had at least some deep sleep