Leg twitching problem worsens insomnia

[Vi...]

Rapid tapering off Klonopin, slowed down due to anxiety returning, insomnia and these weird leg problems - feels like the muscles in my calves are twitching all the time. Probably a withdrawal symptom - anyone else get this? Is there anything that can help?

During my cuts and my insomnia I have restless leg syndrome. I try to stretch my legs out as much as possible before sleep. It helps a little. I need to do it more. There are some sleeping stretches you can find on youtube for pre-bed stretching. See if that helps at all.

• 3 weeks later...
I have leg twitching, too, alternating between left and right side that wakes me up between 4-5 a.m. and then keeps me from falling back asleep.  Part of flank/hip contractions and squeezing. This pulls on tight leg muscles, esp. iliopsoas and IT bands and hence twitches in legs and feet. Physical therapy and stretching has helped a lot, but it doesn't stop the contractions/squeezing. I'm really sleep deprived from all of this. Occasionally now I'll have a night with almost no contractions/twitches so I sleep better and feel more rested. It is getting old, though, at 4 years post Klonopin.