Diazepam help.

[Ex...]

Hi, I am in serious withdrawal from Sertraline. I had been on ssri's 30 years and did a fast taper. I reinstated sertraline late and all hell broke loose. I went of them again 3 months ago and on to Citalopram. I am currently tapering Olanzapine.

I went on to Diazepam 7 months ago to help with Sertraline.

I am on 5mg a day. How do I taper the Diazepam please? Go to 4.5mg?

Hello Exeterillness,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! You've got a lot going on with a lot of medications. All the drugs you are taking have potential for withdrawal issues.  Trying to taper them all at once can be difficult, it is recommended to taper just one drug at time to allow the central nervous system to adjust slowly to the change.

You mention that you are still going through withdrawal from Sertraline, has this eased up at all? Additionally, you are tapering an anti-psychotic at the same time, Olanzapine.  I think if it were me I would try to stabilize right now and then taper one medication at a time.

In terms of the diazepam, a slow taper can help to minimize withdrawal symptoms. Generally, a reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested. I'll give you a link to the General Taper Plans for additional information.

I'll also give you a link to the Ashton Manual. It is an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. The manual was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

I'm glad you've joined the forum. You'll get a lot of support and encouragement as you journey to be benzo free. We understand the process.  Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

General Taper Plans 

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi and welcome to the group! I hope that in the group you'll find the support and help you need help you through the numerous medications that you need to taper off of.  Moderators are extremely knowledgeable and father directions they can make it much easier for you. Hang in there and stay strong you can do this  Feel free to contact me anytime sincerely laydefish