clon/valium/zolpidem tper hold whatever?? Help figuring tabs and add liquid?

[Ba...]

Hi it is me, the trouble maker who never seems to get better.

SIGH.

Please can someone help me?  I am so symptomatic and ill.

Currently on, I believe .088 mg clonopin (it is .03 of a .5 pill weighing .17), 1.75 mg valium (it is .063 of a 5 mg tab weighing .171),  and, approx 8 to 9 mg ambien (pprox, I chip off a little corner).  Can someone check that this is correct?

Dr. said to hold as am totally not stable and very, very disabled.  However, I want to at least use 2 mg pills and I have liquid solution, too.  Has to be inaccurate what I am doing with 5 mg valium pills, to say nothing of clonopin bits.  Am open to suggestions.

At the least wish to know how to get that same valium dose via 2 mg pills (weigh .171)-- not use the 5's-- that makes sense, right?  Can add the bottled liquid for the rest, or could ontinue to cut 2 ng pill.  Can anyone help me?  The liquid is 5 mg/ml.  They gave me a 5 ml syringe, but I know I have 1 ml ones from previous use with pets.  But have never used liquid at all beore.

Thank you for suggestions and assistance.

Hi, wanted to check if I move from 5 mg valium pill to 2 mg pill, and am now weighing out .063 of the 5...  how much of the 2??

I want to get more accurate about this.

Thank you.

Oh, both pills seem to weigh the same, .171 mg on scale

BarbaraAve,

What liquid valium/Diazapam do you have?

Is it the Roxane Diazepam Oral Solution 5MG/5ML?  This works out to 1  ML of the liquid Valium/Diazapam will equal 1 mg of Valium.

It should say so on the bottle. 

Let me know what you have and I will try to share some of my experience with it and how it would apply to your situation.

I discuss what I am doing myself in this post: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=209572.msg2763687#msg2763687

Barbara you may have told us before . . . but why are you on Klonopin AND valium at the same time?

Katz

Confused, sorry I have not been on .  Things been bad here.  yes that is the liquid.

oregon,  I tried to cross back to klon as valium makes me sick.  But only half back on it.  I am confused and really sick.  Been in acute or near acute a long time now. 

The one dr. who understands benzos a prob says detox on phenobarb but everyone here says that is a bad idea, i think.  I have no advocate here in person at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Barbara,

The pill weight (at least for Xanax) is the same whether 1 mg, .5, or .25. The active medication is valued and filler is added to whatever dose indicated so that the pills are the same weight. Only the colors differ.

This means that if you shift from a higher percentage active ingredient pill to a lower dosage pill (like a 5mg to 2mg), the weights would adjust a lot. Half the weight of the 5mg would be a whole lot more medication than half the weight of the 2mg. But, the scale would be the same due to the filler.

Am I correct that you want to change the dosage pill but still want to weigh out your doses?

Hang in there. Someone will get the numbers you need for you.

Thanks... nobody did ever get back.

I think I have it right now, tho.  Just wish I had a more intelligent strategy here... or one that worked better for me!

Thx for the reply