Forced rapid taper from Xanax...help!

[Me...]

Needing some positivity! Just beginning a rapid taper forced by my doc. I can’t sleep or eat, I’m throwing up, nausea, cotton mouth, nerves and skin feel like they’re on fire, shakes, intrusive thoughts, can’t stop worrying about the symptoms, internal and external muscle twitches...it’s all so overwhelming. Looking for a buddy to get through this period. I feel like I’m dying.

I will try to help as I’ve been through this and going through it.  I’m so sorry your doc has done this!  Pm me.  In month 6, since Forced CT!

SaraSue  :smitten:

Poor you, and bad medicine. Please Google the Ashton manual and read what she says about tapering.

Also on home page go to a CTurkey or rapid taper link.

You may need to show this to you doctor. And you will get support here.

Are you in the UK ?

Dick

I am in the. UK

Forced rapid taper can be brought to attention of our General Medical Council if the doc doesn’t see sense.

Rapid taper dangers are discussed on this site.

Will try to find you a link

Dick

Best wishes

You need to let your doctor know what is going on. It sounds awful. I would if it were me go to the emergency room and demand they call your doctor. He needs to know what you are going through!

[82...]
Yes, go to the ER and get checked out, this Dr is as negligent as mine was, i was put on a rapid taper from short duration of Valium, all hell broke loose and i had a stroke, wouldn't wish that on anyone. These Dr's have no clue regarding the risks not to mention the risk of protracted wd, I'm still suffering at 16 months out, but please try and find a way to taper more slowly. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Sorry but where are you in this taper? If you already completed it and it is within 10 days of last pill OR you are currently tapering then I am recommending that you go to the hospital and get reinstated for a proper taper. If past 10 days then know you will be in Acute for at least 6 weeks and that your recovery will be slow but that you WILL survive. I did this too and I am ok at 12 months off. Very very difficult but is is manageable IF you have the proper care and eliminate stress.