What is your tapering jam/song?

[Fi...]

Fun question. Do you have a taper "theme" song that keeps you going? I've been really discouraged with how slow I have to go and how long this is going to take and the fact that I'll have to taper Remeron too at some point after K. I decided my song is "Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder from the 80's. It's upbeat, cheesy, yet motivational. This song reminds me how hard even though I'm going slow, I'm going down in dose and closer to my eventual goal of being off.  :) I'm also 43 and picking my this song ages me.  :smitten:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fi...]

• [de...]

• [Jo...]

• [Li...]

“Mr. Blue Sky” by the Electric Light Orchestra.

I like to listen to it while I taper because it reminds me of great sunny happy days ahead. It also reminds me of my youth when I was real happy.

This ages me too. I am 54.

Fun question. Do you have a taper "theme" song that keeps you going? I've been really discouraged with how slow I have to go and how long this is going to take and the fact that I'll have to taper Remeron too at some point after K. I decided my song is "Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder from the 80's. It's upbeat, cheesy, yet motivational. This song reminds me how hard even though I'm going slow, I'm going down in dose and closer to my eventual goal of being off.  :) I'm also 43 and picking my this song ages me.  :smitten:

Yay, great question!! I Have 2. "Iron Lung" by Radiohead and "Battle for the Sun" by Placebo. I'm 42 and stuck in the early 90s.  :laugh:

I love this question too.

Here is another one I listen to during my taper that keeps me going:

“Glory Days” by Bruce Springsteen. We are all looking forward to our future gloriful days.

The Boss rocks!!!🏋️♀️

These are all great guys!!! I agree that it's fun to have these songs that remind us how happy we used to be and that we are striving so hard to be free and happy again! What we are doing is sooo hard, yet we are still doing it! :)

Sometimes I also like "Eye of the Tiger" and I imagine I'm Rocky beating the crap out of my Klonopin. Brings a little smile to my face.  :)

Also, I like "I will survive" by Gloria Gaynor. Instead of singing it to a man, I can sing it to my Klonopin!  :laugh:

I like her ironic style:

Lizzo "phone" and "fitness"

;D

Started to "exercise" to her songs, always make me lough and rock my body..

Come Sail Away - Styx

Always good when the waves come. 😁

Lyrics: “I am the captain. So climb aboard. We will search for tomorrow. Oh lord; I will try to carry on.”

redevan,

A hopeful song! ❤️

It is about hope, the kind that comes from knowing you're not in this alone.

I'd nominate it as BenzoBuddies' official anthem, but the Liverpool FC has already snatched it.

You may know it's from the Rodgers & Hammerstein musical Carousel.

You can watch the original

Feel it Still by Portugal, the Man.

Can't hear it without feeling ALIVE (also, must dance!). 😉💃🏻

I also like "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen. Every time I cut it's like "and another one gone, and another one gone, and another one bites the dust!" Take that you stupid Klonopin!  ;)

That's a good one, Fighter.  We are going to dust this stuff, that's for sure. 

How about, "Subterranean Homesick Blues", Bob Dylan.

"Johnny's in the basement mixn' up the medicine, I'm on the pavement thinkin' 'bout the government...".

Thing is, both me, and Johnny, are doing the mixing.  Johnny can weigh better than me.  8). He must have consulted with Builder.  :)

Dee