Starting DLMT, Air Bubble problem

[Fo...]

Hi, I’m having a problem with air bubbles in my 1ml. syringe and I wonder if others have had the same issue, and what they did about it.

I looked through some older posts and couldn’t find any answers that are different from what I’ve tried, without any success. No matter what I do, that air bubble just doesn’t want to move. Maybe it’s a silly question, I just don’t want to be off when I’m drawing up medication, especially when my taper cuts are fairly small.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

FD

Then the amount of liquid being displaced by the air bubble is not significant enough to affect my dosage?

Then the amount of liquid being displaced by the air bubble is not significant enough to affect my dosage?

If you submerge the tip in liquid, and retract the plunger, the amount of liquid taken up will be exactly the amount indicated on the syringe barrel.  And if you full discharge the syringe, you will have the correct amount.

And the point of a DLMT is NOT "precise" reductions, but "gradual" reductions.  Small discrepancies won't matter.  (Your tablets typically vary 10% or more from dose to dose anyway)

Use the same procedure consistently you won't have any problems.