Author Topic: MSG Warning in other countries!  (Read 550 times)

[Buddie]

MSG Warning in other countries!
« on: May 24, 2019, 08:37:04 pm »
https://imgur.com/gallery/RfntIZX

Taken from a KFC commercial in a different country.

Two things:

1) Why do we not have this in the US?
2) If itís unsafe for babies how is it safe for everyone else?

MSG: The neurotoxin. Avoid it like the plague!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: MSG Warning in other countries!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 02:14:06 am »
I get really annoyed when I see articles on how MSG reactions are all in people's heads. That stuff messed me up before I quit taking benzos. I can't even imagine what it would be like ingesting it at this point. Probably wave central.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 01:48:35 pm »
USA USA USA !

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 01:01:27 am »
I got spiked with MSG through Chinese take out.  Thought it was msg free but not so.  I was in acute,  Truly damn near killed me.  I now read every label and insist on talking to chefs if I eat out.  Why don't we ban the shit or put a loud warning label so I don't have to spend hours reading every label in the store and/or pissing chefs off.  The poison is in so many foods.  Life shouldn't be this difficult.  B/W is plenty to deal with....Good f'ing Grief! 
Ok...rant done.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 03:27:08 pm »
[...] - If there's a gravy or a sauce involved at a restaurant, you can be pretty much assured that it has MSG in it. They use canned broths for the most part. Seems like damn near any savory that is pre-packaged/processed has the vile stuff in it. There's a remedy for it you might try, seem to work, but it may give you the runs. Cream of tartar dissolved in water. Found that on the internet somewhere, and tried it out. Seems to work. I always have a jar on hand, especially if I'm going out to dinner, as I'm pretty sensitive to MSG. I used to just drink a shitload of tea, that helps flush it out too, but tea is unfortunately not an option atm.

Oh, and stay clear of any buffets. Buffet food is loaded with it. Seems it preserves the food while it's sitting on the buffet table for gods know how long. I mostly eat at home and cook from scratch, so I at least have some freaking idea what the hell is in my food. I won't even start on what it's probably been sprayed with if it didn't come out of my garden, but that's a bitchfest for another time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 03:51:35 pm »
Maya...Thanks.  Cream of tarter dissolved in water?  What type of cream of tarter? This is great to find a quick flush or remedy. I have a big garden but live up north.  I eat fresh for a couple months.  I have had to do some road trips and it's tough to bring all your own food.  I always end up in a restaurant.  Thanks for the tips!

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 04:03:49 pm »
Maya...Thanks.  Cream of tarter dissolved in water?  What type of cream of tarter? This is great to find a quick flush or remedy. I have a big garden but live up north.  I eat fresh for a couple months.  I have had to do some road trips and it's tough to bring all your own food.  I always end up in a restaurant.  Thanks for the tips!

Just the stuff you find in any baking section at the grocery store. Mine sells it in the bulk section too. A teaspoon or two in a cup or so of water. Drink it after you're done eating a meal that may be suspect. Clears up the wobbly head thing, and keeps it from being sucked up into the tissues. Those are the problems I have with MSG anyway. Makes me thirsty as all get-out, and the more I drink, the more edema I get. Way too much makes me pass out, and get big blisters on the roof of my mouth.

But NO!!! It's harmless and the symptoms are all in my head, says Big Ag. 'F' them and their little dog too. Another good rule of thumb for the chemically sensitive - read the ingredient list. If there's anything on it you can't pronounce, you probably shouldn't be eating it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 10:59:55 pm »
Thanks Maya...yep...went to the store today. Started to do my label reading and said to heck with it.  If it was more than a sentence or two, I put it back.  Basically this means I bought fruit, veggies, yogurt and almond milk.  Damn I miss those Cheetos!  Huge learning curve for someone who cooks from the frozen section or a box.  I am starting to feel well enough to cook...just gotta learn how.  Never too late. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 11:05:38 pm »
In Germany there is no warning, but the "trend" goes to no glutamate. They even would write that on a banana.  :laugh:

I have a question: Does MSG has to be declared on the product label in the USA?
So IF you are informed you could see it and avoid the product? Or are there even products where its added and its hidden on the label..

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 11:36:13 pm »
Marigold - yes, MSG has to be put on the label if it is an ingredient. The way they get around it is by calling it something else, like hydrolyzed yeast extract, or some other such nonsense. That's how they hide it, you see.

https://www.glutathionediseasecure.com/other-names-for-MSG.html

This list is incomplete. But it's the quickest link I came up with. There's probably about 20 more names that I didn't notice off the top of my head.