Off klonopin for almost 6 months......should I reinstate Valium for taper?

[pu...]

If so, how much?

I’m almost 6 months out and a lot of things are getting worse instead of better. My eating was better, but now I have so much nausea  depression tachycardia dizziness and panic and racing thoughts all day that I can hardly eat. Im barely 100 lbs. I need to keep working and I’m barely able to work part time.

I don’t know what to do anymore. My life is not functional.

I’m considering asking dr about mitazipine and propranolol.

Someone please help

Please

• 1 month later...
After 6 months I would be hesitant to go back on... but I am not in your shoes . Hopefully someone here has some kind words who have been off their dose for a while. Hang in there

If so, how much?

I’m almost 6 months out and a lot of things are getting worse instead of better. My eating was better, but now I have so much nausea  depression tachycardia dizziness and panic and racing thoughts all day that I can hardly eat. Im barely 100 lbs. I need to keep working and I’m barely able to work part time.

I don’t know what to do anymore. My life is not functional.

I’m considering asking dr about mitazipine and propranolol.

Someone please help

Please

Hang in there purple. Every day brings you closer to home even though some days it feels like the opposite. This is one of those where the short-term pain has to concede defeat to the long-term freedom in my view. My worst time was 5-8 months and I thought it would never end but at M10 it is so much better.

G

I am 7 months out as of today. I did not reinstate. But I have hit a wall.

Everything in my life is deteriorating. I am to the point where I do not believe healing is real anymore.

I am sorry to report that, but it is the reality here.

You don't have to believe in healing.  it does happen regardless of what we think as long as you stay off the drugs. 

You don't have to believe in healing.  it does happen regardless of what we think as long as you stay off the drugs. 

I see too many protracted stories to believe that.

I see too many protracted stories to believe that.

Purple,

I left the board for about four weeks because it was all doom and gloom and it was making me worse rather than better. Then I decided I wouldn’t read any of those protracted ones and would just try to help those that were behind me in time served.

It’s only a small percentage of people that end up in protracted. Why should it be you? The difference for me between 7-10 months has been amazing.

It’s up to you. Feeling awful is no fun but it will improve.

G

Even the protracted heal. I was one of the protracted and it took a while until the healing kicked in.  You have no choice as whether you become protracted or not.  it just is.  Every day is not hell though even in protracted.  After about 14 months I had functional days.  I am 90% healed now with just a few nagging items which don't stop me from living life.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Purple.  Just commisserating with you as to the losses and what is doable.  ;(

I realize many here take mirtazapine for sleep and to get off benzos.  But have to say it is what precipitated my crisis into acute.  But have only seen a handful of people who found klonopin and mirtaz just an impossible situation.

So this probably is not helpful to you... but a little of a warning just in case.  But I don't want to make you worry or anything if that is the route you go.

Seems this is all a terrible crapshoot... and I may have bad genetics is all