Hearing from “The Healed” my experience

[es...]

I have had a long slow and brutal taper, and it is far from over. My wonderful friends on B.B. have been there to support me everyday. And I will be forever grateful. But, there is nothing that can resonate like the words of members who have fought the long fight and made it to the other side. After over a year of tapering in relative withdrawal and trying everything possible to get some stability, I realized that I was in the unfortunate minority. A started a year ago with great hope and determination. A year later, that hope was nearly gone, and I was beginning to believe the BenzoLie that I was the worst of the worst and could not recover the self I had lost. Two members who are now healed read my posts. They reached out to me, shared their stories, and gave me courage to go forward. One member was like me. Her taper was long, slow, and torturous every step of the way. She finished it, got off, and had some bad days left. But, those bad days gradually lessened, leading to the windows and waves of healing. And after going through an experience mirroring my own, she now has a full, happy life. Another member was brutally ct’d by her doctor, leaving her to suffer unimaginably after years of long term use. I cannot fathom anything more terrible.She told me that if she could heal, so could anyone, and those words are powerful. What was done to this woman was inhumane. But, even after what every B.B. member knows is “the one thing you never do in Benzo withdrawal, she made it, and she is healed. There is nothing like hearing, “I know how you feel. All that happened to me. But it is over. I have a life, you will, too. Even if your taper is harder than other members, you will heal.” These wo members “pay it forward”. I am forever grateful. I know there are others who do the same. Someday, when it is over for me, I will remember them, and try to do the same for the ones to come. Esperanza