Hemachromatosis Diagnosed and Reversed - Benzo Withdrawals

[Le...]

HI,

I am probably not posting this in the correct spot but I do think it is related to my rapid detox/CT so I am putting it here.. moderators will move it I am sure.  So this is very exciting! I got a diagnosis of Hemachromatosis after being off Benzo for 10 months.  My blood was super thick and contained very high levels of iron.  I had all the symptoms of joint pain, fatigue and even skin darkening so I was not surprised with the lab result.  WHICH by the way, I did not ask to be checked as I pretty much assumed that ALL of my symptoms were Benzo withdrawal related but the annual exam doctor insisted after noticing my hair loss (which is growing back).  Anyways, I don't have it! It IS a Benzo Withdrawal symptom that we have a hard time processing iron as Cassandra documented in her departing letter.  My labs 2 months later confirm that my blood is back to normal without any treatment.  This blood disease does NOT cure itself so there had to be another cause... but here is the scary thing.  My Iron Sat was up at 78 percent when they tested it back in March.. very dangerous in terms of normal being about 50% and at 100% - nothing is flowing.  I jumped in June last year and experiences AWFUL, HORRENDOUS pain for 6 months and then in waves after that.  What was my Iron Sat rate then? AND I was traveling to and from Colorado on a plane for 3 months! I could have died!  So here is the thing: I am confirmation that we do or could suffer the inability to process iron during these withdrawals but that this symptom does regulate over time...  check out the link below if you have any question about this blood condition.  This is why my book is not being submitted yet.. every time I think I know all the disasterous consequences of Benzos; I find something new!  Hope I have helped someone with this post... it is not meant to scare anyone but I appreciate ALL information that people post here so I have a better chance of healing properly.

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/what-is-hemochromatosis#1

VERY interesting and thanks for sharing this with us. I continue to be amazed at the immense damage benzos and ADs can cause in some people.

Something similar happened to me as well, and when I realized that I was horrified.

east