OMG...delta waves!

[Ma...]

Like to share my experience last night. Very excited. After decades of hard core insomnia, a decade of booze and pills, I have finally found something non-toxic and non-chemical to put me to sleep! I have more confidence than before that I'm going to get through this with flying colors!

Yesterday evening, in pain and agony as usual, I found myself wandering through YouTube. Came across a bunch of audios for neural healing, and thought, what the hell, let's see if they've got any delta brainwave stuff on here. Picked out one that was reasonable to listen to, and listened for about 15 minutes. Saved it to my library.

Noticed about 15-20 minutes later that I was very relaxed and possibly sleepy. Hmm. I'm only on Day 8, that's not supposed to happen. Typically, I'm supposed to be a zombie for at minimum another 6 weeks. Went to bed after taking a Melatonin and a bit of CBD oil. They've never done anything before, but I thought, what the hell. May as well use them up. Stuffed my headphones in my ears, to give the audio a re-listen. Damned if I did not fall asleep in the middle of the thing, and except for a jaunt to the bathroom, slept the rest of the night.

Going to listen again tonight, to make sure it wasn't a fluke, but I'm a big believer in this sort of thing, so I don't think it was a fluke. Hoping, anyway. Don't know why I hadn't tried it before. Maybe too big a fan of better living through chemistry. Chemistry takes less time.  :D Some of you might think it was the melatonin and the CBD oil, but they've never done a damn thing for me before, and I've been taking melatonin for decades, and CBD for a few weeks. Nothing.

Anyway, feel so much better about my WD/recovery now. I was terrified I'd never be able to sleep again. I can deal with the rest, the aches, pains, fatigue, muscle tension and so on. It was the never sleeping again part that had me so anxious and afraid. I loves my sleeps. The great escape that I'd all but thought I'd never experience again. I very nearly wept with joy this morning.

I know some of you don't go for this sort of thing, and it's probably dangerous for any of you experiencing seizures or have epilepsy. But if this post even helps one person, I will wander away satisfied.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing, good post. I also started listening delta sounds, and last night helped me get to sleep after waking up with anxiety. I downloaded some sounds from: https://www.brainsync.com/audio-store/meditation-for-sleep/healing-sleep.html  I truly recommend it; I haven't read anywhere about contraindications; but I suppose this may not suit everybody.

I believe that nowadays most of us live busy lives and consumed with our worries and fears and we forget to be in sync with the sound of nature and the sounds of the earth like the delta waves (yes these are sounds in the universe). This is why doing 'grounding' is good for us to feel more connected to nature and the earth.

A friend of mine yesterday, who is a sound engineer, told me that I could track my sleep pattern with a fitbit or some other gadget to records our own natural waves when we sleep and the times we reach each phase in cycle; then, you could program different sounds and the delta sounds when you are going through deep sleep. I thought this was awesome; however, in my case my sleep and circadian rhythm is still somewhat messed up from my withdrawal. For this, I am working on resetting my circadian rhythm with bright light and dark therapy and eventually some sleep restriction; but the delta sound really helped me last night and was very soothing. I slept around 6 1/2 hrs (broken), but I feel okay and functional. Didn't take any herbs this time either, yeah!

Wow, there's a fitbit to track sleep patterns? I'll have to look into that, thanks for the heads up.

Have you found a phone app (I have an android) for delta that you think is worth a crap? I haven't, and I don't want to run YouTube on my phone all night, as I can't blank the screen, which presents its own set of issues. Tried the isochronics, which are supposed to be more effective, but I don't think so. Also hard to find stuff that doesn't have a bunch of music behind it (I find the music annoying, rather than soothing, prefer pure frequency). I'm going to try purchasing Jody Hatton's stuff. His tones are in a nice low range that don't annoy my now over sensitive hearing.

Didn't sleep as well last night, but I did sleep. I think I should have skipped the herbal tea before bed. The strangest things keep me awake anymore. My "relax" tea is no longer relaxing.

Are you finding that the delta makes you groggy in the morning? Mr. Hatton's package includes a wake up waves thing that I'm going to try.

Day 10. 4 more days till peak (theoretically). Blech.

Thanks for sharing. Post some of the youTube links please. I have an open mind and I am willing to explore all options and things that could potentially help. Let us know if this continues to work for you plz.

[a8...]

This is my go-to for sleep. I've listened to it every night for 4-5 months now.  Sleep 7-10 hours a night and never wake up.

I went and purchased this stuff, cause YouTube does some squirrelly things on my phone. -

https://www.jodyhatton.com/the-best-binaural-beats-for-a-deep-restful-sleep-and-sharp-mental-focus/

He has some stuff on YouTube, but I couldn't get the volume to work on most of them.

The Jody Hatton audios are lower pitched than the HQ BinauralBeats audios (although the HQ ones are good, the first ones I tried), and easier to use on my android phone. Higher pitched stuff and stuff with music backgrounds just make me nuts. Not meaning to sound like an ad, but it's hard to find binaural beats that DON'T come with music. If you want the background music, which I find too stimulating, there's all kinds of that type of stuff on YouTube as well.

My sleep is a little broken at times, but I think it's because the earbuds hurt my ears after a while and wake me up. Going to buy some headband headphones I found on Amazon. that should fix some of the issues. Still been getting sleep, but wasn't as good as the first night with the beats, but better than the none at all that I had been experiencing.

Last night I got all anxious that the beats wouldn't work again, that it was just a fluke (damn but I hate that maniac in my brain  >:D), but made myself calm down, telling myself, "it isn't instantaneous, stupid, calm down and let it do its thing!" It worked again, but as I said, the stupid earbuds started hurting my ears. I can only sleep on my stomach and right side, and I keep getting tangled up in the cord.

Going to try these;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q34ZKLF/ref=crt_ewc_img_dp_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1XVGZP0VC5RY5

Had an anxiety attack a little while ago. Instant psychotic. Couldn't hardly function. Put on some theta waves (was looking for alpha, but too freaked out to hunt for them), and instant calm. Listened for about 5 mins, then carried on with my day. This stuff is just freaking amazing.

Mayavata:

I haven't searched for a phone app; I am sure there is one out there. because. My former doc suggested me to stay away from all electronic gadgets as far as possible from my room and turning the Wi Fi off at night or using the ethernet. But because I love to listen to guided meditations I had to resort to download everything on my Mp3 player (they are not obsolete yet :))

I am determined to tackle my insomnia from all different angles. The sounds or guided meditations really work for me. Hope you like your new purchase. Using headphones is supposed to give a better sound experience, but I don't like to feel that kind of pressure on my head while sleeping. I have to use the earbuds (one side only) which usually falls after I am way into sleep. I wish I can find me some good speakers that I can turn on with a remote control...I will look into it.

Have you been diagnosed with GAD? or is something you developed after benzos? GAD is what made me start on this hellish journey of benzo withdrawal. I am doing some CBT, reading Mind over Moods, and it is really helping me a lot. First of all my therapist has taught me to establish bedtime routines that doesn't include tv, internet, phone, etc; planning your routine since you wake up and thinking to prepare in the event when you wake up in the middle of the night (which is case). For example, I do Qi Qong with soothing music or guided meditation,  EFT (or take a bath), let my body cool down, stay in a completely dark room for awhile, do some Ommms, hygiene, pray on the onset of sleeping; then when I wake up I try not to panic anymore, let it flow, using guided imagery to distract my mind of the anxiety feeling, focusing on body scan again relaxation response to stop the spike or cortisol hijacking my brain, breathing in and out slowly, then I turn the delta sounds, thinking and trusting my body will respond to all this commands to retrain my amydala/rewiring your brain. Last night I did this and slept in spite of waking up slightly twice and didn't even have the usual bathroom trip nor I had to take any aids or herbs to fall back to seelp. Treating anxiety is a work in progress and more likely is something we will have to work at it for the rest of our lives. It takes discipline and practice, practice. I have faith that we can heal if we follow all this good stuff to help our bodies heal. My therapist is so positive that his methods work. I just started working with him.

Never heard of GAD, so I guess not. I have, however, been diagnosed with a bunch of stuff I DON'T have.  :D  Big Pharm is out there with a whole host of new drugs, just looking for somebody to invent a disease for them.  :idiot:

My mess started with PTSD from a LOT of childhood trauma. Been working with an EMDR/CBT therapist for almost 2 years now, and it's healed up enough that I thought I might finally have a chance to get off the benzos and Z's. I have a bedtime routine, which is a little off right now, as my husband is on vacation this week.

Rarely do I have panic attacks, pretty sure it's just another sxs. Not horribly worried about it. Trying to do my yoga/meditation/cardio on a regular basis, but my motivation factor is shot to hell, so not as regular as I'd like. I'll make it eventually.

Had to give up the earbuds (too painful) last night and run Isochronics through the two speakers I have on my headboard. Have a headphone headband that should be in Tuesday. The Isochronics seem to work well enough. Slept like a dead rock.

This app helped me to calm down! I just don't know how much time to listen. Listen to twenty minutes. Reassuring!

Bazil - Yes, I've seen that app, but it looked overly complicated. Is it easier to use than it looks?

The Brainwave Hub      (Delta waves help me fall to sleep.The layers of tones are interesting)

Jody Hatton    (very relaxing, will try for sleep.Interesting watching the video as you listen to the change of tones)

A very simple application! Convenient timer. Delta waves at night, this theta waves in the morning. Works great!

Soupfordinner - Thanks for the heads up on The Brainwave Hub. I bought Jody's stuff from his website, but didn't know about the other. So many of these creators have music masking the tones, which I find too stimulating. I'll try Brainwave's stuff tonight.

Soupfordinner - Thanks for the heads up on The Brainwave Hub. I bought Jody's stuff from his website, but didn't know about the other. So many of these creators have music masking the tones, which I find too stimulating. I'll try Brainwave's stuff tonight.

Yes,the music is something I don't want to listen to either, it's always been too distracting to me as a light sleeper.

Just pure tones for sleep. :sleepy:

Thanks for starting this thread, Mayavata. Perhaps more people with try tones to help them solve their symptoms.

This is my go-to for sleep. I've listened to it every night for 4-5 months now.  Sleep 7-10 hours a night and never wake up.

Kornyboyo,you might like AustinStrunk's channel.Long playing (10-12 hours) all kinds/levels of sounds

https://www.youtube.com/user/austinstrunk/playlists

For daytime project work, I play Ambient Soundscape (10 hours) as background

and this is one as background that lets me work without too much sensory overload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmZhmIt_pYo

If you can find Aura Vizia "new dawn of the sacred flame" there are "Hearts of Space" type atmospheric sounds that is amazing like flying in space via sound.

Reiki also has atmospheric sounds but many of the creators mix in harsh music,instruments,nature sounds,etc. that tend to distract.

Yellowbrickcinema on youtube has a large selection.I tend toward bowls tones:

Patrick O'Hearn "So Flows The Current" is  another recommendation

All great links. Everyone reacts different to different sounds; particularly the isochronics don't help me. I play the piano, so piano tones are also my thing; it may be too stimulating for some people; but when I listen I also use imagery which helps my mind distract as well (again not for everyone). I am sleeping great lately. The bright light and dark therapy are working great for me.

Mayabata let me know how does it go with the headband...I am tempted to try one.

Good luck everyone!

Headband is much easier to sleep in, but I'm going to have to get out a needle and thread and make some adjustments. The speakers have a tendency to wander, and the headband is too big. Still got some sleep, though.

Still sleeping fairly well for still being in acute stage. Tried a GABA with my melatonin and theta/delta stuff last night. Slept really well, til my noisy husband woke me up. I've got to make myself go to bed earlier. Hubs doesn't go to bed til nearly midnight, and wakes me up getting ready for work every morning. Bleh. Easier to go to bed at 9:30-ish, and get back to sleep after he comes to bed than try to go back to sleep in the morning.

Been using Isochronics lately, through speakers in my headboard. I don't think they work as well as the binaurals, but they still do the trick.

My husband and I sleep in separate rooms since the last four years, and it works very well. He snores and goes to bed at 9:00 'cause he wakes up around 4:00 am to get ready for work. I am more of night owl and go to bed at 11:30 pm. I worke up once last night and listened to some delta sounds and fell back to sleep. I wish I could go to bed earlier as well; I suppose we should work in increments of 15 minutes to be able to change our circadian rhythms. It is really surprising that you are doing so well during acute. I don't mean to jinx it; but in my case, the sxs started with a vengeance after two months (in spite of taking some aids). All my physical sxs are gone; my anxiety and sleep are better finally after fifteen months. 

Good luck!

Solyluna - I'm still having a lot of sxs. They just don't seem to be as bad as the ones everyone else seems to be experiencing. Good genes, I guess. Very little anxiety. Had some the first two week, but gone now. The TMJ disorder is aggravating me now. Going to see if the chiropractor can do anything about it today. I still have a lot of pain and fatigue, but it seems the past couple days, it's getting better, a smidge at a time. I was able to help my husband building the wood shed a bit yesterday. The brain fog and confusion sucks, but it's only really horrible every now and then. The rest of the time, well, I've been on benzos so long that the memory lapses and brain fog seem like a normal thing. I am starting to have those brief windows of clarity, however.

Latest sx to start up is painful eyeballs. Hope that goes away soon. They ache. But I'm getting sleep, so all is good. The bad stuff will pass. I may always have to do my binaural/isochronic beats for the rest of my life to sleep, but hey...IT AIN'T BENZOS AND Z DRUGS. It's real sleep, not artificial drugged sleep, and all mine.

I'd sleep in the bedroom upstairs, but it's right by the front door, and hubs and the dog would wake me up in any case. I just need to start training myself to go to bed earlier.I mean to do that everyday, but it just doesn't happen. LOL