Failed Valium Crossover

[Po...]

Hi Buddies,

I tried to cross over to valium and I failed.  It was way to much for me and i felt like I was dying.  I am now on part valium part xanax and I can't stabilize.  I am constantly shaky and anxious and I can't sleep.  My doc keep pushing for me to take more and I think I just need to move forward.  Can anyone advise on what steps I should take.  I can't live like this anymore.

Please help!

I’m so so sad to hear this hun.  I’m unable to give you any answers as to what to do but I hear you.  I’m on crossover too and I’ll be jumping to higher Valium tomorrow.  It started out well but the last week has been dreadful.  Stay strong; don’t give up one minute before the miracle...new mantra for me.  Hope it helps you to know you’re not alone.  Hugs all over. MP

Hi Buddies,

I tried to cross over to valium and I failed.  It was way to much for me and i felt like I was dying.  I am now on part valium part xanax and I can't stabilize.  I am constantly shaky and anxious and I can't sleep.  My doc keep pushing for me to take more and I think I just need to move forward.  Can anyone advise on what steps I should take.  I can't live like this anymore.

Please help!

What are your doses of each now PowerPure, explain to me how and when you're taking what?

I do sympathise

I take valium having never taken Ativan or Xanax. But I do have i v midazolam for procedures and it beats Diaz hands down for feeling really comfy.

Your ability to get that low on Xanax shows guts imho, and once the diazepam does stabilise the agony will be lessened. It has two metabolites and I suspect the short acting one isn’t doing quite enough and the long acting one hasn’t reached a steady state.

If it was me, I would accept a small dose more for about 48 hours, but it is between you and your medic. Mary will have more knowledge.

You’ve done the hard graft, please post tomorrow if you feel shocking...BB never shuts.

Best wishes

Dick

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Mary, i know we have a similar story so please update me on your taper too.

Here are the details:  i crossed to 17.5 mg of Valium and I could not take it. I looked and felt terrible. I saw my doc and she told me to just stop taking the V and go back to X. She said I wouldn’t withdraw bc I’d only taken the V for about 10 days. So I did and I went back to 1.5 of X. 8 days later (probably right as the V had left my body) the side effects were too much to handle. I went up to 1.75 of X and no change. So I substituted.25 X for 2.5 V and am now on 1.25X and 5V. It’s only been 2 days. So maybe I either need to substitute more or give it more time to build up.

Any thoughts?  All I want right now is my body to stabilize.  I feel like I’ve really messed this all up.

Here are the details:  i crossed to 17.5 mg of Valium and I could not take it. I looked and felt terrible. I saw my doc and she told me to just stop taking the V and go back to X. She said I wouldn’t withdraw bc I’d only taken the V for about 10 days. So I did and I went back to 1.5 of X. 8 days later (probably right as the V had left my body) the side effects were too much to handle. I went up to 1.75 of X and no change. So I substituted.25 X for 2.5 V and am now on 1.25X and 5V. It’s only been 2 days. So maybe I either need to substitute more or give it more time to build up.

Any thoughts?  All I want right now is my body to stabilize.  I feel like I’ve really messed this all up.

Ok , you were taking 17.5 of Valium.      (.25 of X = 5 mgs of V).    So you went to 1.75 of X, so that equals 35 mgs of Valium.  Is that what your Dr told you to do?  So your dose of benzo was almost doubled.  Then you dropped to 1.25 X plus 5 V which equals 30 mg equivalent .  How much Xanax were you on when you started your crossover?

I had updosed to 1.5 trying to correct a cut that was way to big. That’s how I ended up on 17.5V

Ok , you were taking 17.5 of Valium.      (.25 of X = 5 mgs of V).    So you went to 1.75 of X, so that equals 35 mgs of Valium.  Is that what your Dr told you to do?  So your dose of benzo was almost doubled.  Then you dropped to 1.25 X plus 5 V which equals 30 mg equivalent .  How much Xanax were you on when you started your crossover?

Ok, what was the last dose you felt okay on? Of just Xanax :). Gotta eat real quick, be right back!

I felt great on 1.0 Xanax. I then cut to .85 and i thought I wouldn’t make it. I haven’t felt good since that cut.

Ok, what was the last dose you felt okay on? Of just Xanax :). Gotta eat real quick, be right back!

Yes . .25 x. = 5 V, but not sure that mattered,it may not have had time to have a big reaction.

We want to get you stable, why did you decide to taper your xanax?

I felt great on 1.0 Xanax. I then cut to .85 and i thought I wouldn’t make it. I haven’t felt good since that cut.

Ok, so I am reading your signature, it says you weren't feeling good then, I am just trying to be as correct as possible, so we might can find your baseline.

Why did I decide to taper at all is because i just want to be rid of it. If you mean when I added the Valium it’s because I thought i was doing an even substitution. Honestly i don’t know where my baseline is since there has been so many changes during the crossover. Maybe that’s why I am so shaky and unstable. When i went from Valium back to Xanax I landed at 1.5X. I wasn’t happy with that updose but I felt ok. It wasn’t until the Valium left my system that I realized that wasn’t enough.

Why did I decide to taper at all is because i just want to be rid of it. If you mean when I added the Valium it’s because I thought i was doing an even substitution. Honestly i don’t know where my baseline is since there has been so many changes during the crossover. Maybe that’s why I am so shaky and unstable. When i went from Valium back to Xanax I landed at 1.5X. I wasn’t happy with that updose but I felt ok. It wasn’t until the Valium left my system that I realized that wasn’t enough.

Ok, so you weren't having any tolerance to the xanax, that's good.  So this is kind of a way to back into your baseline, go back up to 2 mgs, see if you stabilize, if so, hold there, your body and central nervous system need a break.  Hold until your body tells you its ready to start tapering.  Then we'll get you a daily liquid micro taper and bring you down slowly.  All the current changes probably really activated it.  We need to calm it down now.  I think it would be okay to drop the V.  Now, you can't expect to feel better quickly, you have to give it some time.  I wondering if 1.75 would be enough if you give it time.  Think about this and I am going to see if someone with a lot of experience comes on to read it.  I will post you tomorrow.  Hold on, it will probably be uncomfortable awhile but you will be okay.  Mary 🙏💙

Thank you Mary!  I actually think I do have tolerance to the Xanax. I was having interdose withdrawl I have never had before. That’s why I wanted  to add in som Valium.

I tried to get in to see my doc but she is away at a conference. Plus her solution is always to take more. I hate that I basically have to start this whole taper over.

Thanks for your time and your replies. Hope all is well with you!

Thank you Mary!  I actually think I do have tolerance to the Xanax. I was having interdose withdrawl I have never had before. That’s why I wanted  to add in som Valium.

I tried to get in to see my doc but she is away at a conference. Plus her solution is always to take more. I hate that I basically have to start this whole taper over.

Thanks for your time and your replies. Hope all is well with you!

You can dose 3 x a day, even 4 if you think that will help.

Mary - should I wait until I stop being shaky before I start to reduce.  Is that part of my body knowing when it's time? 

Also - how did you reduce your xanax?  you are doing so well!  great job!

Mary - should I wait until I stop being shaky before I start to reduce.  Is that part of my body knowing when it's time? 

Also - how did you reduce your xanax?  you are doing so well!  great job!

Yes, you need to stabilize.it will take a while.  Patience is one thing the quicker you learn, the better your taper will work.  Stabalizing and holding are the two hardest things there are.  The third, is never go faster than your body can handle.  So even when you start tapering again, start out very slow until you see how you do.  All the changes have excited your brain and cns. 

When I hit 17 to 20 mgs of Valium, I couldn't even hold my head up, so my husband and I added back in .5 of X and lowered the Valium to 11 mgs.  Then, after I stabled some, I changed to a daily liquid micro taper and started reducing the X.  It kept enough X in me to keep me from being so anxious, but I was still sleeping a lot, but felt a lot better.  When I finished tapering the X, I upped the Valium to 15 to stabilize without the Xanax.  Then I started titrating too fast, what a dumb mistake that was.

Held for 40 days , I was at 12.78, updosed to 14, don't think I ever felt it, held a while and started titrating very slowly, always making sure I knew my exact % each month.  I have slowly but not too uncomfortably worked my way down to 9.92 mgs.  My biggest issue has always been muscle pain, back, neck, sides.  I have had 2 windows, thinking I would never have one.  It really is about slowness and being very careful, especially now that your brain and cns are so sensitived. 

I did have one of my real experienced friend, look at your information this morning.  He thinks you are very sensitive now too.  Updosing, I know you don't want to loose all you have tapered, you didn't give the 1.75 much of a chance, so I will leave it up to you, 2.00 or 1.75, but remember, you aren't going to feel better quickly.  It is going to take awhile.  You tapered very fast in the beginning and then this last couple months have made many changes.  Be patient.  We are always here.  Good luck, love Mary.    ♥️

Hi there PowerPearl,

How are you doing today..? -A bit better I hope.. 

Kinda a tricky situation for you right at this point, and I feel for you.. I dont have anything to add to what these guys have covered with you, but it still leaves you feeling rotten, so sing out anytime...

Sorry, I havnt done a benzo C/O, But I am in the trenches from a recent one on a similar type of med.. Its been unexpectedly rough.. :(

But we do adjust, given time, and if things are too bad there may be a couple of ways to tweek it a bit that you may like to consider.. Though time is probably the main thing you need here...

Anyways, your in good hands here, and I dont want to complicate that any, so mainly just sending strength, and wishing you the best.. 

:)