Low blood pressure

[De...]

That is lovely and normal, you should have a long life after benzos Congratulations

I assume you’ve had recent blood screens as fatigue deserves them.

Benzos and others can raise Bp whilst on them I gather.

Warm wishes

Dick

FortyLongYears,

I had blood work three done in February and everything was fine.

I don’t know if it is too soon to have it done again, I’ve also lost a considerably amount of weight and although I’m eating normally I haven’t gained one pound...

What a trip this is.

Thanks

Weight loss helps lower Bp too

I think I would run the weight loss past your doctor but am sure it’ll be ok.

Warm wishes

Dick

FortyLongYears,

In the past year, I’ve had most of my organs checked and everything is fine.

I’ve had constipation for this past year and I’ve been taking psyllium every day for it, I just read that it is also used for loosing weight, so this might not be helping me gain weight.

My general practitioner wants me to take an antidepressant for the weight loss, but I don’t want to start with another medication.

Yesterday my blood pressure fluctuated from 130/82 to 110/75.

Best

That's a good BP .

Before the end of taper ( and before benzos really ) mine was 112/65

No I struggle to get it above 80/50

I feel terrible most of the time,, Tuesday at the Dr he was glad it was 85/65 He is a very young Chinese American DO that I accidentally ran across . He says that considering all I have been through he is not going to complain . I have managed to gain 13 badly needed lbs  up from 100 lbs at 5'7".

LOW Bp and High HR when standing and I am not dehydrated - the joys of withdrawal  :/ .

BlueDutchess,

My blood pressure was fine today. At some point during early withdrawal it was high and had terrible tachycardia. So it has fluctuated all during withdrawl and after jumping, when it’s low I’m very tired.

Hope you feel better soon, glad you gained some weight.

Best

Oh that is excellent news !!

and thank you really so much , I am much better than I was . Its like you said , when it is low you just feel gross .

That's a good BP .

I feel terrible most of the time,, Tuesday at the Dr he was glad it was 85/65 He is a very young Chinese American DO that I accidentally ran across . He says that considering all I have been through he is not going to complain . I have managed to gain 13 badly needed lbs  up from 100 lbs at 5'7".

LOW Bp and High HR when standing and I am not dehydrated - the joys of withdrawal  :/ .

BlueDuchess, I have the same thing. Blood Pressure drops 25 points when standing and Heart Rate goes up. Hopefully it will all normalize one day soon. In the mean time we just wait.

PG

That's a good BP .

BlueDuchess, I have the same thing. Blood Pressure drops 25 points when standing and Heart Rate goes up. Hopefully it will all normalize one day soon. In the mean time we just wait.

PG

Mine had been stabilizing at 105/70 so I don't know what happened the other day .. I was a little dizzy but I am getting to where I am just tired of it and no longer afraid . I just keep going .

You are right , one day ..

I am getting this, too. BP sitting down was 128/65, but standing up it was 107/63. I've had this, off and on, throughout the benzo mess and am really tired of it!

My appetite is fine, I’m never super hungry, but I eat well. The day I went to see him I was very anxious with the tachycardia and my blood pressure was high for me. He felt I was depressed which I probably was and thought that was the answer. Remember most doctors don’t know a thing about benzo withdrawl, and the first thing that comes to their mind is another medication, that’s the way they’re wired.

Best

Well said Demelza,

We know our bodies are going through a massive change — others think adding meds was the answer

I wish I had held out!

Dick