Author Topic: Low blood pressure  (Read 374 times)

[Buddie]

Low blood pressure
« on: May 22, 2019, 03:56:52 pm »
I jumped forty some days ago and Iím fatigued and my blood pressure is 110/70
Any suggestions?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Low blood pressure
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 04:26:54 pm »
That is lovely and normal, you should have a long life after benzos Congratulations
I assume youíve had recent blood screens as fatigue deserves them.
Benzos and others can raise Bp whilst on them I gather.

Warm wishes

Dick
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 04:47:05 pm »
[...],
I had blood work three done in February and everything was fine.
I donít know if it is too soon to have it done again, Iíve also lost a considerably amount of weight and although Iím eating normally I havenít gained one pound...
What a trip this is.
Thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 09:35:37 pm »
Weight loss helps lower Bp too
I think I would run the weight loss past your doctor but am sure itíll be ok.
Warm wishes
Dick

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 01:23:54 am »
110/70 is the new 120/80.

Basically cardiologists like to see it nice and mellow.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 11:43:50 am »
[...],
In the past year, Iíve had most of my organs checked and everything is fine.
Iíve had constipation for this past year and Iíve been taking psyllium every day for it, I just read that it is also used for loosing weight, so this might not be helping me gain weight.
My general practitioner wants me to take an antidepressant for the weight loss, but I donít want to start with another medication.
Yesterday my blood pressure fluctuated from 130/82 to 110/75.
Best

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 08:59:02 pm »
That's a good BP .
 Before the end of taper ( and before benzos really ) mine was 112/65
 No I struggle to get it above 80/50
 I feel terrible most of the time,, Tuesday at the Dr he was glad it was 85/65 He is a very young Chinese American DO that I accidentally ran across . He says that considering all I have been through he is not going to complain . I have managed to gain 13 badly needed lbs  up from 100 lbs at 5'7".
 LOW Bp and High HR when standing and I am not dehydrated - the joys of withdrawal  :/ .

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 09:10:17 pm »
[...],
My blood pressure was fine today. At some point during early withdrawal it was high and had terrible tachycardia. So it has fluctuated all during withdrawl and after jumping, when itís low Iím very tired.
Hope you feel better soon, glad you gained some weight.
Best

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 12:44:17 am »
Oh that is excellent news !!
 and thank you really so much , I am much better than I was . Its like you said , when it is low you just feel gross .

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 05:29:21 am »
Is your appetite normal, why would you otherwise need an antidepressant?.