Chocolate. Worse WD?

[Fo...]

Perhaps I am being neurotic here.  I have never bothered with chocolate before.

During Sero withdrawal tried dark chocolate from Christmas hamper.

Past month especially since stopping Seroquel have amazing craving for it. Not for sweets or carbs or fruit —- just dark chocolate.

AND it makes me anxious almost to screaming point, but I can't resist it.

I think I have lost the plot, grateful for explanation.

Dickie

Perhaps I am being neurotic here.  I have never bothered with chocolate before.

During Sero withdrawal tried dark chocolate from Christmas hamper.

Past month especially since stopping Seroquel have amazing craving for it. Not for sweets or carbs or fruit —- just dark chocolate.

AND it makes me anxious almost to screaming point, but I can't resist it.

I think I have lost the plot, grateful for explanation.

Dickie

No explanation, but hope you enjoyed the chocolate. I think with our coming off these drugs it can make us overthink. I know it's has me ....

While we're on the subject of chocolate. My daughter bought me some CBD chocolate for my birthday. I will try it soon, maybe it'll make me chill a bit and help with my muscle spasms?  :o

I have constant intense craving for chocolate biscuits every second of every day.

It is so bad I dissociate and watch in horror as my hand stuffs them in my mouth.

For a long time I couldn't eat dark chocolate due to anxiety as well as high bp. So I had to avoid it. I could eat milk chocolate, though. I don't have such a problem with it anymore, but I'm still scared to try.

Chocolate can rev up my anxiety. But during my withdrawal and early recovery, I often had crushing depression, and a cup of hot chocolate was the only thing that could cut through it. Coffee did not have the same antidepressant effect. So I think it's not the caffeine in chocolate but rather the theobromine - the food of the gods, literally. It's like any good medicine. Use it carefully, and don't overdose on it.

I am able to snack on some M&M's but not many . For me it will upset my stomach still but I have decided to keep on little at a time . I am SO tired of having to be so careful of what I eat . I had pre existing extreme gut issues that the benzos were actually prescribed for so the absence of it has made it all come back . Little at a time .

Haven't been able to handle chocolate...even *unsweetened*, since this whole ordeal began in 2014.

Miss it.  And coffee...