I just don’t understand it.

[Fo...]

I am so frustrated.

I was put on Seroquel 4 years ago almost.

I developed difficulty walking with screaming pain in my thighs.

I stopped doing ten miles with the dog and two years later was down to 400 yards and worse in the morning.

Then hip replacement. Long rehab.

RTA pain but MRIs of spine and pelvis ok.

Improved with Seroquel reduction.  Up to a mile or even two slowly.

Today had to sit after 50 yards.  (Very like my sisters polymyalgia)  Arms (upper)  come out in sympathy, can only just hold I pad. 

Viral guts over weekend. ?.. post viral.

Can WD cause such swings in power and moderately severe thigh pain even at rest?..

Does gastroenteritis exacerbate WD I wonder. . ?

Sound familiar to anyone. .?

Thank you

For me, thigh pain in the form of deep muscle and bone aches have been the WORST symptom.  Only rest and the use of CBD oil (no THC) works for me.  Sorry for your pain.  Also, my hips still lock up occassionally if I am in a wave or if I am very tired.

Thanks Lesley

Do you mind telling me which and how much oil to use, I have been afraid to try before. Can I get it on Amazon? 

Thanks for quick response, is it ok with AD and benzos please?

Dickie

Dickie,

The thigh and bone pain have been almost unbearable (months 3-4+).  My walking capability varied by the hour. 

We are healing!

SaraSue  :smitten:

Thanks Lesley

Do you mind telling me which and how much oil to use, I have been afraid to try before. Can I get it on Amazon? 

Thanks for quick response, is it ok with AD and benzos please?

Dickie

I use full spectrum cbd oil to get me through rough patches. I don’t know if it’s the placebo effect or not but I think it helps. My doctor recommended one that is water based as it absorbs better than the oil. Pm me if you’d like to know the brand. I’m not sure if it’s acceptable to share on the general site. George

• 3 weeks later...
Are you saying seroquel caused the pains?  I didn't know that.  I do remember having bad joint pains after starting antipsychotics, but never associated them.  :o  I still have pain sometimes, but most days I'm OK.  I quit seroquel almost two years ago.  I hope you get better and better as you taper.

Thanks Sapphire

The thigh pains were awful on Seroquel and I had hoped they would have gone since I stopped Seroquel almost 6 weeks ago. I also did a dose cut of diazepam some ten weeks ago.

I think it’s part withdrawal and part years of reduced fitness due to indolence of APs. !,

Best wishes

D

My Mom had screaming thigh pain from taking Eliquis.  Terrible side effect, whatever it's from.  Really impacts daily living. 

• 2 months later...

I have it too. As well as pain in my calf and shin muscles.  Plus back pain. Pain in my feet. But the thigh pain is worst. Walking has become hard to do. Standing ditto.

I have ,  so that's part of the problem,  I suppose. In the morning I' m as stiff as a board. Still tapering BTW. Moving sometimes helps a little,  sometimes it makes it worse. Sigh!